Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Asahi spotmatic sp ser#2743922

I wanted to say hi to everyone.
I was in the united states marine corps 67-70 after high school.
I had finish my tour at danang vietnam and had flown back to okinawa japan on the way home, it was oct 1969, i was 21 years old.
I was at camp hansen for 2-3 days to get nice again, bought my spotmatic at the camp hansen px.
The spotmatic and i flew back across the pacific ocean to the united states.
I still like my spotmatic, just bought a sekonic l-308s light meter to try with
it, i'll let you know how it does.

Cactus24
bucks county, pennsylvania

02-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello Cactus24! From a fellow member from SE PA (Chester County) I'd like to say it's nice seeing some others from the area. I'd also love to see some of the photos you've taken through the years. Do you have many of your photos scanned?
02-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CACTUS24 Quote
I wanted to say hi to everyone.
I was in the united states marine corps 67-70 after high school.
I had finish my tour at danang vietnam and had flown back to okinawa japan on the way home, it was oct 1969, i was 21 years old.
I was at camp hansen for 2-3 days to get nice again, bought my spotmatic at the camp hansen px.
The spotmatic and i flew back across the pacific ocean to the united states.
I still like my spotmatic, just bought a sekonic l-308s light meter to try with
it, i'll let you know how it does.

Cactus24
bucks county, pennsylvania
Welcome to the film forum and thanks for your service to our country. I'll second Irishwhite's request - if you have any scans, please post. I have an old Weston light meter that I got from my dad that I've used with my Spotmatic with good results, but I'm looking for something a little more modern . I'd be interested in anything you might post about your take on the Sekonic.

Best,
Kevin