Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

I'll echo some previous suggestions.

1) Give them to ME!

2) The "hassle of eBay" can be quite rewarding. Without seeing a list, I think you may have several thousands of US$ dollars worth of gear there.

3) If thousands of bucks don't tempt you, find a hot, er I mean needy student to give them to. Or an entire school photography dept, even if not so hot.

4) If your wallet overfloweth and you need a tax writeoff, then a charity like Goodwill or St Vincent is a charitable option. But learn their current values.

5) No, wait. Give them to ME!

03-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'd suggest you list some of the 35mm Pentax SLRs here and get a few opinions on which ones are special if you're not very familiar with the products. Then choose one or two cameras and lenses to keep. You may find you enjoy them and want to learn the art. There are lots of people here willing to offer tips and help. With that kind of collection the previous owner probably had some talent. Who knows, you might surprise yourself?

I'd also repeat what others have said. List the items you don't want for sale here. They'll go to good homes.
03-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I know this guy, who works in a school photo lab, that really needs some cameras. Just sayin'.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/130533-donatio...t-cameras.html
03-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you should start by listing a complete inventory.

Sure there are a ton of people here interested in pentax stuff. Self included.

You may also get some interest in the MF stuff, BUT, many people here are pentaxians first and always, and the other brands may not get the best attention here. You may also consider E-Bay or other camera forums./

Also, and everyone here may kill me for suggesting this, go out and get a Pentax DSLR and actually use the pentax gear

You could do a lot worse. You may also wish to consider nikon DSLRs but be sure to get one that will meter fully with the lenses, not just trip the shutter.

Look at both, and decide which you want and keep one system or the other.

03-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I think you should start by listing a complete inventory.

Sure there are a ton of people here interested in pentax stuff. Self included.

You may also get some interest in the MF stuff, BUT, many people here are pentaxians first and always, and the other brands may not get the best attention here. You may also consider E-Bay or other camera forums./

Also, and everyone here may kill me for suggesting this, go out and get a Pentax DSLR and actually use the pentax gear

You could do a lot worse. You may also wish to consider nikon DSLRs but be sure to get one that will meter fully with the lenses, not just trip the shutter.

Look at both, and decide which you want and keep one system or the other.
Plus 1 on listing here for suggestions. there are a lot of active users of older film gear on this forum and most of them would be interested in medium format camera (i'm among them) the Pentax gear is an easy sell here (this is the biggest pentax market) i've seen nikon up for sale as well

I'm with Lowell though it wouldn't hurt to keep the pentax for a bit and sell the other stuff off to fund a DSLR to use the pentax stuff. If you decide it's not for you it will still sell here (and if history is an indication the lenses will just increase in value at this point)

If some of the medium format is Pentax 645 af lenses you will do quite well with it prices have skyrocketed since the launch of the 645D, even the non AF is selling well above it's pre launch pricing
03-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #21

Photos: Albums
I was told that Washington County Kansas museum has the 9th largest camera collection. I have donated to this museum. I expect they could use a camera or two.
This is their web site: http://skyways.lib.ks.us/orgs/wchgs/

Good Luck