Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2011, 04:40 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Eddie is right. Low light in a church will be part of it. The issue really comes down to the following, having shot some film lately. Unless I process and scam myself in Toronto I am looking at about $12 per roll developed and scanned But to do this myself will take time. Do I want to get back into B&W developing? I still have a month to decide.

04-01-2011, 05:42 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If you are able to scan the film yourself, getting back into processing is not a big deal. You just need a changing bag and some counter space in a room with a sink. I was kind of dreading it because it was a big deal when I had a full darkroom and did wet printing, but it actulally takes less of my time than running to the minilab with a roll of color print film. The biggest effort for me is cleaning the room to avoid dust.
04-01-2011, 06:22 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
If you are able to scan the film yourself, getting back into processing is not a big deal. You just need a changing bag and some counter space in a room with a sink. I was kind of dreading it because it was a big deal when I had a full darkroom and did wet printing, but it actulally takes less of my time than running to the minilab with a roll of color print film. The biggest effort for me is cleaning the room to avoid dust.
+1, dust is my current enemy, i've taken to running an air purifier with the door shut on high for a day before
my issue is now my scanner is a problem and anything good for MF and 35 costs a bomb

Lowell if you shoot some c41 the shoppers at king and yonge does a good job on the develop scan at $2.99 per roll (i've not talked to them about push processing which is a whole other issue) - low res can but good for proofing and acceptable for web

Where is the $12 per roll, in general that seems reasonable for b/w compared to a lot of labs in town.
04-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
the problem is my scanner, a minolta DIMAGE II, which is a USB 1.1 scanner. I cannot put enough O's in SLOOOOOOW to descrinbe it. I scanned all 20K plus slides and negs I shot on film already. I think $5-$& to pay for scanning is not a big deal, but overall it is a time investment I don't reallly have at the present

04-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
+1, dust is my current enemy, i've taken to running an air purifier with the door shut on high for a day before
my issue is now my scanner is a problem and anything good for MF and 35 costs a bomb

Lowell if you shoot some c41 the shoppers at king and yonge does a good job on the develop scan at $2.99 per roll (i've not talked to them about push processing which is a whole other issue) - low res can but good for proofing and acceptable for web

Where is the $12 per roll, in general that seems reasonable for b/w compared to a lot of labs in town.
Downtown camera on Queen street just west of church. (i.e. down the road from Henry's)