Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
An affliction for film lovers: CBA

That is, "camera-buying addiction", to accompany one's omnipresent LBA.

I just picked up a black MX, a camera I have been lusting after for a loooong time. First impression: this is a TINY camera with a HUGE viewfinder -- the perfect combination! The viewfinder is so big, in fact, that a glasses-wearer like me can't even see the corners of it. I can focus manually again! The viewfinder of my K100D all of a sudden feels small, dark, and far away in comparison. Maybe I'll have to upgrade to the K10D (or what comes next) for the viewfinder alone.

And I have never seen such a small SLR in my life. This thing is amazing. It is so small that the aperture ring of every lens I own actually extends below the base of the camera. For scale, here is the little thing with an FA 31/1.8 attached, and with a more to-scale M 50/1.7.

I think I'm going to love this one. Maybe it'll stave off my CBA for a while...

Last edited by Finn; 01-06-2008 at 12:39 PM.
10-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ain't that sweet! now you need a good scanner... the beginings of EBA
10-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #3

Ah, the beautiful MX makes an apperence!

Often overshadowed by its younger brother, the LX, the MX just makes a nice kit for travel, and can survive almost anything!

Very nice camera you got there, and treat her well, and she will last till the day you die..

I kinda still wish I had mine, but it died a rather unpleasant death of a kayak into a glacier lake... It was april, and there was no way I was going in after it.
10-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Congrats ! Now you "need" a motor drive for it