Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2007, 06:25 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
MZ-30 fSLR help

hi. i'm a newbie here and i just got a MZ 30 SLR...this is a return to using film after a year of digital...and i've forgotten how to use an autofocus SLR...

i learned photography with a nikon manual SLR and had a short time with an autofocus canon eos but sadly, i've forgotten most of how you use an autofocus one and this is my first pentax....

and the manual isnt much help..it just tells you how to use the cameras automatic features...i would like to experiment with the manual modes but i dont have the foggiest dea how...

can anyone help?

hehehehehe...
thank you so much!!

11-03-2007, 05:56 AM   #2
Pentaxian

To focus manually move the switch located near the lens mount to MF.
For manual exposure, turn your top dial to M, toggle the switch at the shutter button to set Tv,
press and hold the +/- AV button (located next to AF-MF switch) and toggle the switch at the shutter button to set Av.
Should be in your book around page 52.
11-07-2007, 02:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
is Tv the shutter speed? and the Av the aperture setting?
11-07-2007, 04:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The controls on the MZ-30 are a little odd. "Av" is aperture priority mode, where you set the aperture with the black toggle switch around the shutter release, and the camera picks the right shutter speed. "Tv" is shutter priority mode, so you can use the toggle switch to change shutter speed, and the camera picks the right aperture.

I prefer to use Av mode, because my main concern is usually depth of field, and as long as the shutter speed is above about 1/60 I'm good to go.

11-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #5

Original Poster
double exposure?

who can teach me about double exposures here? theres a function of multiple exposures in my cam and i've read about ghosting a little bit but still in the dark about how to do interesting exposures...
can anyone teach me?