Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2007, 02:40 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
parallax error

help!i suffered from parallax error with my pentax mz30! is there something wrong?it doesnt have the prallax guides so i thought it wont suffer from it, but it did!!

any suggestions?
help?
thank you!

11-07-2007, 02:58 AM   #2

Original Poster
i know SLRs are nearly impossible to have a parallax error but then...can anyone tell what i did wrong? like the viewfinder?or something?
11-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by danielleb3ar Quote
any suggestions?
I would suggest that you give a lot more detail about the problem you're experiencing.

With no more information than you've given, I suspect anyone will have great difficulty helping.
11-07-2007, 05:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It's impossible for an SLR to have parallax error, since you are looking at the scene through the lens. Parallax is found in rangefinders and TLRs, on which you look at the scene through a viewfinder or viewing lens a few centimeters away from the taking lens.

Perhaps you mean that your viewfinder doesn't show 100% of what appears in your pictures? That's pretty normal, since 100% view viewfinders are sort of rare.

This camera has a 92% field of view (0.7x magnification) viewfinder. That means that your photo will include more than what you see in the viewfinder. (Page 78 of your owner's manual).

11-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Inactive Account

A perceive parallax error may be caused by the mirror not returning to the 45° angle. If this happens the image as viewed in the viewfinder will be either higher or lower than the image viewed on the print. If the image is shifted right or left the bearing on the pivot point may be a problem. One side might be loose and not returning to a square position in relationship to the film.
Either way it is something that a professional technician should investigate

joe1955
11-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joe1955 Quote
A perceive parallax error may be caused by the mirror not returning to the 45° angle. If this happens the image as viewed in the viewfinder will be either higher or lower than the image viewed on the print.
All true.

Just as a momentary lapse in Einstein's theory of General Relativity is potentially an explanation of any number of puzzling gravitational anomalies.

However, it remains the case, that an actual example would be most helpful in ascertaining whether what has been observed is really due to the alleged cause.
11-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
roy
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisA Quote
All true.

Just as a momentary lapse in Einstein's theory of General Relativity is potentially an explanation of any number of puzzling gravitational anomalies.

However, it remains the case, that an actual example would be most helpful in ascertaining whether what has been observed is really due to the alleged cause.
hey, is the cat dead or alive ???

11-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
hey, is the cat dead or alive ???
Nice one.

Answer: It doesn't matter.

(but a photo would clinch it).

11-09-2007, 01:45 AM   #9
Forum Member

Re:

Depends on the observer at the time of observation...
But yeah I agree a photo would clinch it.