Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Es 11 viewfinder readings in low light?

Got myself a nice ES 11 recently, so I thought I'd go to our Church, which is being remodelled/extended, to take some pictures of its interior, in its original state. Also took my recently acquired 15mm.
Haven't used this camera much, never in low light before, and what I found is that viewfinder information, ie shutter speed, is unreadable....could not see what speed the camera had "picked".....just could not read it......so I just used auto, on a tripod, & fired away. Haven't seen the results yet.
Any other ES11 users reading this.....is this normal?
Cheers, Pickles.

05-31-2011, 02:55 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
As the lowest speed on manual is 1/60, you would have to use it on manual and if need be change the exposure compensation or ISO for back lit or difficult subjects.

So as the camera is "going" to decide" what does it matter

Kim
05-31-2011, 05:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kim C Quote
As the lowest speed on manual is 1/60, you would have to use it on manual and if need be change the exposure compensation or ISO for back lit or difficult subjects.

So as the camera is "going" to decide" what does it matter

Kim
Ha ha ha....."what does it matter".......that's exactly what I thought!
Cheers, Pickles.