Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh dear I got another camera!

Enter my newly aquired Pentax ME. Aquired for the sole reason that there was an SMC-M 40mm pancake attached, and it cost much less than half the going rate for a pancake on it's own! Turns out to have some fungus but still performs better than the Cosinon pretender.

Also to arrive was a Focal MC 135mm f2.8, also fungus riddled (much more so) but actually a rather decent performer overall.

I've stuck a roll of film in the ME and we shall see what it delivers!

06-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

While I enjoy shooting film, I just bid the other day on an MV with a 28mm lens, won it for $40, and then told the seller that I would like just the lens. I already have 2 Spotmatics, an MX, a semi-broken ME Super and a Zenit TTL, so that would have been too much. Plus, once I get a hold on a body, it's pretty hard to sell it further, because no one wants film cameras where I live, even for dirt cheap.
06-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
While I enjoy shooting film, I just bid the other day on an MV with a 28mm lens, won it for $40, and then told the seller that I would like just the lens. I already have 2 Spotmatics, an MX, a semi-broken ME Super and a Zenit TTL, so that would have been too much. Plus, once I get a hold on a body, it's pretty hard to sell it further, because no one wants film cameras where I live, even for dirt cheap.
You can still sell the bodies for cheap here in the forums marketplace since there are a lot here who still do shoot film and appreciate the Pentax film bodies too.
You can also post them at the Marketplace and give them away for free with only the cost of shipping to the interested party.
In that way, you are still helping at spreading the joy of using film to photo enthusiasts.
In any event, there might also be some members who would be interested in parts if they need to repair old cameras.
06-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy!

06-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #5
Pentaxian

That pancake is lovely - and rare. Lucky acquisition.

The ME is a fine camera, I have one too. Kind of a no brainer to shoot, I enjoy it's compact size and huge viewfinder very much.
06-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
That pancake is lovely - and rare. Lucky acquisition.

The ME is a fine camera, I have one too. Kind of a no brainer to shoot, I enjoy it's compact size and huge viewfinder very much.
Indeed, and the price was unbeleiveable - £42 so what about $80 or less maybe? I paid more than that for my Cosinon 40mm!

I had planned on selling the ME again, perhaps attached to one of the lenses I'm also trying to sell, but fell in love with the proper viewfinder - it's very reminiscent of an OM10 but in a smaller package.

I think I can see a collection coming on.
06-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alan Clogwyn Quote
Indeed, and the price was unbeleiveable - £42 so what about $80 or less maybe? I paid more than that for my Cosinon 40mm!

I had planned on selling the ME again, perhaps attached to one of the lenses I'm also trying to sell, but fell in love with the proper viewfinder - it's very reminiscent of an OM10 but in a smaller package.

I think I can see a collection coming on.
Be careful, the ME was the first manual Pentax I acquired and now I have 18 bodies, including a second ME.
The ME is a great little camera, it often seem to get overlooked in favor of the ME Super but I actually prefer the ME. If you are used to shooting aperture priority it has everything you need. I feel like it is a little better built than the Super and is a little more reliable. It certainly looks and feels better with the metal top IMHO.
Put some film in it and enjoy.