Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax MV stuck on B

Hi, just received yesterday a black MV (yeah, I know they come only in black), I like it, it was on Auto but it fired at 100x, so I figured the batteries were depleted, so I switched to 100x and then to B, and at home changed the batteries. Now the problem seems to be that I can't switch back from B to Auto and even to 100x, no matter how much force I put into it. Is there any secret move? Thanks.

06-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hey Kc,dont have MV, ME spr bought used years ago did same.
Lock on mode selector was gummed up,took a stick sharpened in
pencil sharpener,pressed on lock and it popped loose,had to turn dial
at same time.Just looked at pic in MV review here and its hard to tell if
it has same general layout of mode dial/lock.
06-30-2011, 12:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have an ME super too, it looks like a different system, that white button isn't there on the MV. I think it's gummed up too, because it took considerable effort to push it to 100x, and now I can't push it all the way to Auto. Anyway, think I'll donate that body to someone.
07-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
Forum Member

Have you tried pliers? It might break it, but I suppose you have nothing to lose.

07-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, it worked with pliers, but now it's stuck on A
07-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Yes, there's no lock on the MV's dial like the ME Super. I'd suggest you lubricate the dial before trying pliers or other brute force. Not too much, as it may seep into the camera, but a little WD-40 or something similar might loosen it up.

Here's the manual for the MV if you need it: http://www.lensinc.net/manuals/Pentax_MVL.pdf