Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well if you're not picking up the DMD right now and sticking with X cameras, you'll love the MX (my most used and loved camera). The MX is quite a bit smaller than the LX and KX and a joy to use. I'd recommend you pick one of those up while you wait for a DMD to come up for sale as they're not real common like MX's are.

08-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Here's a new post demonstrating my suggestion: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/1629402-post1184.html
09-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
I have both. Which viewfinder do you use on the LX? Mine isn't the standard FA finder, but the action finder instead. The K2 DMD is a very nice camera and the viewfinder is similar to the other K- series film cameras with a match needle metering system.

The K2 DMD is heavy, but I still use it quite a bit more than my LX. I owned a K2 but got rid of it because it wasn't the same as the DMD. The K2 is probably my least favorite of the K- series bodies and the K2 DMD is probably my favorite. That probably sounds funny so make fun of me, throw rocks at me, but for some reason I never got along well with my K2.
I find the meter different to use than other K series bodies in part because of the stepless shutter capability of the K2 and K@ DMD. If I had to pick a manual focus K-mount body it would be the K2 although the LX would be close behind due to the off film metering.
09-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
I have both. Which viewfinder do you use on the LX? Mine isn't the standard FA finder, but the action finder instead. The K2 DMD is a very nice camera and the viewfinder is similar to the other K- series film cameras with a match needle metering system.

The K2 DMD is heavy, but I still use it quite a bit more than my LX. I owned a K2 but got rid of it because it wasn't the same as the DMD. The K2 is probably my least favorite of the K- series bodies and the K2 DMD is probably my favorite. That probably sounds funny so make fun of me, throw rocks at me, but for some reason I never got along well with my K2.
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I agree with you about the K2 and K2DMD, so you’re not alone!
For me the K2DMD is by far the best K Series film body, but I like the KX better than the K2.

Phil.
Heh. Another bitter clinger here - KX, K2DMD, MESuper (sold my K2). The only better feeling camera than a K2DMD (I've owned) is an SV. I retired the "K" I got here to a display box. I just can't use the semi-auto aperture on a regular basis.

09-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Heh. Another bitter clinger here - KX, K2DMD, MESuper (sold my K2). The only better feeling camera than a K2DMD (I've owned) is an SV. I retired the "K" I got here to a display box. I just can't use the semi-auto aperture on a regular basis.
The K will fire the auto aperture super taks, s-m-c and smc taks just fine. Make extra sure the mirror clears 50/1.4 taks. However, the Zebra A.T 55/1.8 is the coolest looking 50-58mm lens Pentax ever made and among the smallest, maybe is the smallest. The AP and S on the other hand doesn't have the mechanism to push the aperture pin.
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The K will fire the auto aperture super taks, s-m-c and smc taks just fine. Make extra sure the mirror clears 50/1.4 taks. However, the Zebra A.T 55/1.8 is the coolest looking 50-58mm lens Pentax ever made and among the smallest, maybe is the smallest. The AP and S on the other hand doesn't have the mechanism to push the aperture pin.
Thanks Blue. My K has the Zebra AT55/1.8 and it is a blast to use in crowds - if I want to answer a lot of questions.

I have a few elderly Taks besides the SMC 50/1.4 I use on the K10D (sharpest 50 I've ever used and I've had almost all of them at one time or another). Entirely different experience shooting without a meter.