Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
Forum Member

Do you have an ME?

hi everyone im new to this forum and i was just wondering what you all think of the ME and its good and bad points about it.

I have it in black and its my first SLR and i use a takumar 28-80 zoom lens and a sirius 70-210 zoom lens.I think it is very strong and takes good photos everytime because of the auto exposure.
And i gess the only bad point is that it lacks manual shutter speeds but i dont really find that a problem.
It also found it takes brilliant B&W too.

08-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The only problem with the ME is that you can't control the shutter speed manually, as you said, which is why most prefer the ME super. If I were to pick a menual focus Pentax slr, it would be the Super Program, because of its versatility and support for Tv mode.
08-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
I would say it all depends on the way you take photographs - do you need the full manual mode? I have both, ME and also ME Super. Love the small size and nice viewfinder with shutter speed indication (on both of them). I find the exposition compensation to be enough to give me quick control of the exposition, except maybe some specific situations. But then I prefer to use Spotmatic or K2 over ME Super. However, it does not happen all that often.

Pavel
08-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Of course...you can always change the exposure compensation for 2 stops AND the ISO to get whatever you more

08-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have 2 MEs and like them. For most situations the exposure compensation dial is enough to compensate for front or back lighting. The viewfinder is incredible.
08-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
IThe viewfinder is incredible.
It is that, it's the only reason I keep mine hanging around.

If all you're shooting is colour print film then the ME is as advanced as you need in a manual focus camera, but I would want something a little more precise for slide film work.
08-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

>>The viewfinder is incredible.>>
Ditto. It's very bright and, with split center image, so easy for manual focus. I haven't used mine for over 20 years.

08-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I have an ME Super on the shelf. It seems to work, and I did do the light seals, but it still needs a proper CLA. I doubt I am going to bother further to be honest. I just don't like that camera much. I know there are ME devotees out there, but I don't think I am one of them. I do like the smaller size of the camera, but that's about it.