Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2011, 03:54 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Huh you mean it's not a cool thing, damn no wonder those pickup lines about wanna see my darkroom never seem too work
I wasn't going to say anything!....
Your pick up line might have worked in my high school photography class though
Perfect opportunity for a little extra curricular activity!

11-03-2011, 06:41 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gashog Quote
I wasn't going to say anything!....
Your pick up line might have worked in my high school photography class though
Perfect opportunity for a little extra curricular activity!
In high school i was in charge of the darkroom. but it was an all boys school so it had little value (until they bussed in the girls schools for a dance, then that key was priceless - along with the fridge for booze - only time that line had any value actually)
11-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #18
Veteran Member

then that key was priceless
11-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #19

film camera's price

I have this kind of feeling that technology soon will transform all film cameras to operate digitally by adding some kind of attachments for the cheap. Millions of film cameras are out there gathering dust, what a waste ! LOTS OF PEOPLE MIGHT THINK THE SAME WAY AND STARTING BUYING ALL FILM GEARS HENCE THE PRICE RISE !!!!??? cheers....

11-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WaterDragon Quote
I have this kind of feeling that technology soon will transform all film cameras to operate digitally by adding some kind of attachments for the cheap. Millions of film cameras are out there gathering dust, what a waste ! LOTS OF PEOPLE MIGHT THINK THE SAME WAY AND STARTING BUYING ALL FILM GEARS HENCE THE PRICE RISE !!!!??? cheers....
those film cameras you feel are a waste pm me i'll pay shipping costs and you can send them my way.
the real reason is Film has become hip thanks to lomo and some of those people are trying out the options better film kit provides
It's a long standing impractical fantasy to have a cartridge insert that will allow film bodies to shoot digital. Cost of FF sensors alone would be an idea killer never mind a market that would be limited compared to the digital slr and thus cost more to produce due to the smaller qty.
nice fantasy though - straight out of amazing stories
11-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #21

Yeah, you win Eddie, but who knows? Love fantasy, the very fundamental of progress and invention. Btw, will send you the cameras when my appetites for the oldies are all gone for the young ones.
11-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Hey I'd love to see it as well, but there has been this fantasy of a digital 35mm cartridge ever since the first DSLR cameras came to market .
the power issue alone kills the idea (not too mention dust can you imagine swaping a digital cartrige in to a back that has 20 years of ass't dust and film crap built up inside

the best variant of this was an April fools joke that many people fell for

http://re35.net/

11-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #23
Veteran Member

there was of course a digital back from Kodak way back (hardly a nice compact option though

11-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #24

there was of course a digital back from Kodak way back (hardly a nice compact option though
Interesting footnote, but somehow I just can't see that being a big seller.
11-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My S2 pros are N80s with Fuji guts. Pretty massive but a good portion is the 4 AA battery tray.

I think people are like fish. How the heck do they all know exactly which way the whole school is going to dart next?.....at exactly the same moment?
I never really stopped shooting film but I cut it to a roll or two of 35mm a year. thousands of digital photos though.
Lately, I'm feeling like I want to take what I've learned with mu DSLRs and apply it to film.

I've said before that my first S2 taught me more in a year then my K1000 did in 20.

I'm about to process my first roll of 120. The first film I've developed in probably 25 years.
I have a feeling that there are lots of people having the same mid life crisis as me right at this very moment.

Bored with digital and nostalgic or curious about film.
11-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by Gashog Quote
I'm about to process my first roll of 120. The first film I've developed in probably 25 years.
I have a feeling that there are lots of people having the same mid life crisis as me right at this very moment.
Gashog,

I can relate to what you are saying. Although, I wasn’t aware that I was going through a midlife crisis, thought that involved motorcycles and cars.
I have taken more digital pics in 5 yrs vs. film in 20. I’m using digital to experiment and learning new techniques. I have reacquainted with my
Yashica Mat and enjoy developing the film.

Having a blast.
11-09-2011, 04:32 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kaufeetime Quote
Gashog,

...... thought that involved motorcycles and cars.

Having a blast.
.....And 25 year old girls...

Oh! Did I say that out loud?!

When I got my first DSLR I thought it was going to be the end all.
I was bitterly disappointed when my pictures sucked.
I hadn't had that problem with film. It turns out, film is much more tollerant (or was) then my new camera.

Also, the immediate feedback makes for a nice easy learning curve.

Now that I have that all behind me, it's time to revisit film.

There are probably tens of thousands of people in the same school of fish as me and we've all made the same turn together....driving the price of film cameras up 200%.
11-09-2011, 05:03 AM   #28
Veteran Member

nice piece of history eddie
11-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just searched ebay for fun those mass produced cameras such as Canon GIII QL17 and Olympus Trip 35. To my surprise, the asking prices are really high. For example:

Olympus Trip 35 with D. Zuiko 1:2.8 F=40mm | eBay

The sellers are dreaming that some fools will bite. I don't think this kind of rickety camera would worth that kind of money. Any ways, I didn't see any one placed a bid even on the cheapest one.

Canon QL17 seems to have some value ($50-100).
11-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #30
Veteran Member

here in France, Oly trip 35 can be found around 30-40€

see : OLYMPUS TRIP 35 | eBay

APPAREIL PHOTO OLYMPUS TRIP 35 | eBay

or

APPAREIL PHOTO OLYMPUS TRIP 35 VINTAGE | eBay

hope it will helps you.