Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by violini Quote
I just searched ebay for fun those mass produced cameras such as Canon GIII QL17 and Olympus Trip 35. To my surprise, the asking prices are really high. For example:

Olympus Trip 35 with D. Zuiko 1:2.8 F=40mm | eBay

The sellers are dreaming that some fools will bite. I don't think this kind of rickety camera would worth that kind of money. Any ways, I didn't see any one placed a bid even on the cheapest one.

Canon QL17 seems to have some value ($50-100).
$385?!? Was it even worth that new?

11-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Simian Summit Quote
$385?!? Was it even worth that new?
I bought my Trip 35 new. I think it was around $70. The lens is really very good. I had one very sharp snow scene published as a full page in a book. Paid for the camera and then some. Which reminds me, it's time to dig it out and put a roll through it- my pension needs supplementing.https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif
11-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #33

I recently bought a MZ-50 for $2, it is in like new condition, may not be the nostalgic fully manual body or even be able to use aperture rings, but it has a shutter that works when I want it to. I may just hunt up a 70's body sooner or later though...

Oh yeah, a Z1 I was watching on ebay sold for $160usd today, waaaaay more than I was prepared to spend but a decent price though I guess.
11-10-2011, 04:19 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I paid around a hundred bucks for my Super Program, two lenses a bag, flash, a cleaning kit, release and some film.
I think I wound up getting my K2 for $20.
My awesome MV for $16 or something.

I haven't bought anything for a few years.....except (I wasn't going to mention) I picked up a Mamiya M645 kit the other day for $160 (from whence and where comes the aforementioned 120 film I intend to process) Medium format has shot up too. I wanted to snap one up before they become unobtainium.

Anyone else wake up at 4:45am since the clocks went back

11-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gashog Quote
Anyone else wake up at 4:45am since the clocks went back
Yep.

All along certain cult cameras - as praised by certain cult internet personalities - have been bid up. Similar, possibly even better ones, go cheap, simply because there aren't glowing 'reviews' out there. I won't mention the cameras so they stay cheap

I have noted that some 120 camera prices have gone up in the last couple of years, e.g. the Fuji fixed lens models, and certain Big Name vintage cameras.

Basically the market is more 'efficient' now, with good demand, especially for 'film tested' or otherwise good condition cameras. Yet, the market is also plentiful and with patience and a bit of gambling extremely good buys are still possible.