Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by B Grace Quote

2.) Film photography has taken on a much more relaxed personality for me. No pressure at all. I can take the time I need because my film shots are all on my time and not family or work time. And it's a true relief to work through a progression of considerations when shooting with film so when I'm framing a shot in the viewfinder I'm only considering the framing of the shot and not a dozen things at once.
+1

I really only shoot film for fun now.

The most recent exception was at the beginning of the month where I went to a friends' 80's themed birthday party. I thought it would be appropriate and fun to shoot it in film...

So, more pressure than usual when a lot of my friends are there, and know I'm the hobby photographer. Chimping with digital is one thing, but what will the film results look like? It was my first time shooting my Z-1p in the dark. How will the flash meter? How will it focus in low light? I took my FA50/1.4 over my 1.7 as I thought the extra half stop was more important than critical sharpness, and I was humbly impressed by the results! My reputation isn't in tatters and much of the thanks goes to the Z-1p, she's a beaut.

I now miss my lost FA31 even more...

11-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #32

I only shoot film. I enjoy using older cameras, Argus C3, Ciroflex TLR, Ikoflex TLR, Kodak Retina IIc, &, of course, the Pentax K1000. Therefore, I shoot film, color as well as B/W. I enjoy it so much, that I'm almost convinced that something must be wrong with me.

By the way, I'm new here. When I reply, like I'm doing now, I see a box with "Title:" over it. Is that a "subject" line, which, if I filled it in, would be: Does anyone here only shoot film?

Thanks.
11-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #33
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi, Yes you could but you dont have to fill it in. I would like a go with the Argus C3,does it give good results?
11-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #34

To my eyes there is little difference in the photos taken with the Pentax K1000 & an Argus C3. That may say something about my eyes, but there it is. You can probably pick up a C3 on ebay for $10 or $20. It uses standard 35mm film. Use a lower ASA (ISO), like 100 or 200, & keep the 'Sunny 16 Rule' handy, & with todays film latitude, you almost can't go wrong. I've noticed that the circles of confusion in the background of a closeup seemed elongated perpendicular to imaginary lines radiating from the center of the photo. The Pentax doesn't do that. The C3 has a simple triplet lens, but I've taken nice photos with a C3.