Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hi all

Hi all I did join over a year ago but things have been so busy what with both my elderly parents passing away my Mother just last week that it has just been so hard to find time to myself.
When i joined i had hopes of by now owning a K-7 by now but instead have a MZ-7 to keep me busy. I intend to be a pest and pick some brains along the way as it has been nearly 28 years since i used a SLR.
After next week I am intending getting out and using my camera to the utmost so any hints and tips anybody can give me would be greatfully recieved.

I almost forgot I did have a pentax K1000 which by now i guess would be some where in Moroco as i gave it to a young Mustafa who was 8 years old but his passion for photography was so deep and he knew everything about the camera. The young lad was only over here to have a prostetic leg fitted after having been born with a underdeveloped leg.

Last edited by Snaphappyscottiedog; 01-12-2012 at 08:17 AM.
01-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum again. Seems to be a good split between the younger folk and us of the new "oldest generation" that have lost our parents. My sympathies for your loss - yet life does go on. My Pentax history goes back to when the Spotmatic was introduced in '64. I couldn't afford one, but got the H1a for college. Now in retirement I've gone back to the old film Pentax and have been having a ball, finding them, fixing them, and using them again.
So... why not look for a K1000 again? Nothing like an old friend in changing times!
01-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
SO sorry about your parents, and mother so recently.

Photography, film, cameras and lenses are a nice distraction and interest. Please post your photos when you get a chance.
01-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Snaphappyscottiedog Quote
I almost forgot I did have a pentax K1000 which by now i guess would be some where in Moroco as i gave it to a young Mustafa who was 8 years old but his passion for photography was so deep and he knew everything about the camera. The young lad was only over here to have a prostetic leg fitted after having been born with a underdeveloped leg.
You realize you're an instantly likable character? That is pretty damn cool... Too many of us, myself included have cameras lying around, that to those less fortunate would be prized possessions and used daily...

I have an MZ-7 on the way (should arrive tomorrow), so may well get in touch if I get stuck...