Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #16
Closed Account

Ok, surprisingly fast I received these Flipbac camera grips (see 2 posts before . . .) I had ordered nrs 1 and nr 4 from their site, they were shipped a day later. For some reason Flipbac also included the nr 3 grip. As I expected it is the grip nr 4 that, for me, suits the LX best. Took but a few seconds to fix it to the camera. For some these grips won't work as they get in the way of the selftimer, I never use that . . . Having said that, these grips are all flexible and I am sure you can easily cut out a corner in order for the selftimer to work.

This grip works fine: picking up the camera becomes a different thing, and so does photographing. Even though it is so much smaller than the Pentax grip B, it does exactly the same. It gives the feeling you can just hold the camera with your one (right) hand. My only question is if this grip will stay fixed over time. Now it feels like it will, but only time can tell.

Sorry for the hmmmm pics, it is a very dark day here . . . for those who wonder: I am convinced you can also attach the straplug just above the grip . . .

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
02-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Hey! That look's great! The number 4 grip is a perfect fit.

I'm definitely ordering one.

I'm so pleased, that grip is exactly the style I was hoping for.
05-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Just a quick update -- I ordered a Flipbac #4 grip and put it on my LX.

Except for the unused lug hole, the Flipbac looks like an original-equipment grip on the LX. Shame about the self-timer not being workable with it, but I rarely use film in situations that call for a self timer.

It's not the ultimate replacement for the Pentax grips, but it's the best I've found so far.
05-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #19
Closed Account

I can add that these grips don't come off, unless you want them to come off. And when you do take them off there are no visible traces whatsoever.

05-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another alternative is to use the Pentax eveready case LX.

It is made of soft, fine grain leather of higher quality than other Pentax cases.
KEH now has one in EX condition for $49, half the going rate for the LX Grip B.
If you don't like eveready cases just leave the detachable top section home.

The "half-case" (the portion that attaches to the camera) makes a superior grip.
It won't prevent operation of any of the controls. Unlike the Pentax LX Grips A/B
it allows attachment of a neckstrap in standard position, using both top lugs.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 05-25-2012 at 03:29 PM.
05-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #21
Forum Member

Good to know those FlipBac grips work and blend well with the LX.

Just curious though, how can one tell which version they have and what are the differences? Mine is in the 56xxx... I read the later models had improved electronics, anything else?