Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Program Plus question

Just got a Program Plus. I noticed that there is no cover over the opening at the bottom area which lines up with the film advance winder. My first thought was that it is missing. However, every picture that I have seen of this camera, including one in the manual shows this area exposed. I think there should be a cover which would keep dust out. To attach a motor drive you then remove the cover.

Is there a cover on yours? Thank you.

02-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There is no cover on my Super Program either. The M series cameras had covers, as did the LX. But as far as I can tell the opening isn't even threaded on the A series.
02-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
Pentaxian

No, there is no cover. There isn't one on the ME-F either, but there are covers on the rest of the M series and the LX,

K.
02-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
Banned

I do not believe Pentax even designed the program series to have a cap over the film transport coupler. in the instruction booklet for both the programA and SuperA (same as program plus and super program) there is no mention of a cap and all photos of the underside of the camera show the bare coupler with no cap.

02-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The Super Program/Program Plus should have had a cover there because the winders and motor drives have a space to screw the cover in so you dont lose it. I think all of them have been lost though. I have 2 Super Programs and neither have the film transport cover.
02-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Chuckie Quote
The Super Program/Program Plus should have had a cover there because the winders and motor drives have a space to screw the cover in so you dont lose it. I think all of them have been lost though. I have 2 Super Programs and neither have the film transport cover.
not necessarily. the program series used the winder ME II, which covered use on all the M series (except the MX), the program series and one P series model. so, the inclusion of a holder for the cap, does not mean that the program series had one the way the M series did. also, the motor drive A did not have a place to hold a cap. so it seems pretty likely that the program series never had a cap.
02-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chuckie Quote
The MEII winder (which will fit the Program A) has a space to put the cover from the M series cameras (as does the winder MX for the MX conver the the various LX drives/winders for the LX). The Motordrive A (of which I have two only partially working examples ) has no such storage space. Also, the M series covers do not fit the Super A (I once tried thinking they were the same.

The Super A/Program A etc. definitively do not have covers over the drive mechanism.

K.
NB I wrote this earlier and then forgot to click post. Meanwhile, seamuis has posted the same thing, Oops. K.

02-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Super Program is also has a bare hole. I asked Mike Knight at Knight Camera in Vancouver if he knew of a cover and he told me that he had never seen one that was not naked.

So the "no cover" vote is incremented by one...

Steve
03-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #9

They never had one.
03-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #10

Original Poster
Thanks all, I will come up with something to cover the opening. Peace