Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2022, 03:00 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Good luck. Sorry as I started this thread over a decade ago!

l.
No worries. I did apologise for resurrecting a old thread! It was just a long shot.

K.

03-15-2022, 04:17 AM   #47

Thank you for your quick answer ! Unfortunately for me, it seems the stock has dried-up in-between ;-(
Regards.
06-28-2022, 07:04 PM   #48
Pentaxian

@LaurenOE, it's summer again but this fall I would buy a few mk 1 caps or a few mk 2 caps with mk 1's finish, if you're willing.

Now I just need to find someone who can manufacture the rubber caps for the bottom plate. (I have two very soft rubber caps for reference if someone is willing.)
06-28-2022, 07:19 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
@LaurenOE, it's summer again but this fall I would buy a few mk 1 caps or a few mk 2 caps with mk 1's finish, if you're willing.

Now I just need to find someone who can manufacture the rubber caps for the bottom plate. (I have two very soft rubber caps for reference if someone is willing.)
I just pulled my remote cap and the smaller remaining bottom plate one off mine finally just this morning actually.
They were like playdough. I squushed them together to make one soft cap to rule them all.
My MZ-S now has additional, protective, gaffers tape accepts. It's those final touches that count.

06-28-2022, 08:35 PM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Eyewanders Quote
They were like playdough. I squushed them together to make one soft cap to rule them all.
I like it. Before I combine my two playdough caps I want to make note of the visible Pentax part numbers in case that's needed later. I'm traveling right now so I'm not at home to list the numbers here, but will do so when I return next week.
06-28-2022, 08:53 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
I like it. Before I combine my two playdough caps I want to make note of the visible Pentax part numbers in case that's needed later. I'm traveling right now so I'm not at home to list the numbers here, but will do so when I return next week.
Mine looked like taffy by the time I got each of them out. Nothing printed left to discern in my case unfortunately.
I may try and fabricate something but it'll be infinitely less graceful than LaurenOE's solution from years back.
08-07-2022, 04:37 PM   #52
Pentaxian

Here's a photo of the two caps I pried out of the bottom with my knife (because they were too soft to pull out with my fingers). I'd love to get new ones, but for reference the larger rubber piece has FL-L printed on it and the smailler piece is labeled FL-S.

Hmm, I just found this, but it's no longer available: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/306229-REG/Pentax_31043_Rubber_Contacts_Cover_FL_L.html