Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've got an MZ-M which is a manual focus version of the line-up, pretty similar to the Super Program in features and I like its user interface. However I'd probably prefer a camera with a manual film advance as the motor is just something else to go wrong (and are generally harder to troubleshoot when they do).

06-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I'll second the MZ-7... Good cheap AF body for experimentation... Can be picked up for very little outlay and really easy to use...

I now use my MX a whole lot more though... No AF but an absolute joy!
06-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #18

Original Poster
Thank you all for the advices...

In the end I found a MZ-5n for quite a low price and so far it's pretty much what I was looking for.

I agree with you johnha the next one I will be buying will be with manual film advance!
06-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #19

I like my MZ3 and so much so that I have 3 of them. 2 chrome ones and one black one. Touch wood none has given me any problems and I love them especially because they are so light weight. I have the FG battery pack for them but I rarely use it because I like small camera. I often use the Pentax MZ3 with my 43mm or 40mm M pancake lens. A wonderful small camera set up which is easy to carry around all day with.

06-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The ZX5n is a good choice for a ZX series Camera. It has better exposure options than some other Zx series cameras. It has a metal
lens mount and does not have a crippled lens mount.
I got one in a box of non working cameras it alone was the only working one.
The auto focus is fairly good not up to the standards of DSLR cameras but faster than the older ones.Under unusual light
conditions it hunts I have to go to Manual focus. Metal lens mount is a plus ( I drop a ZX10 with 100-300mm lens also plactic
mount from a little over knee height - broke both mounts. The crippled mount is a problem if you want to use lens before
the -A lenses such as old M lenses.

dean45
06-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #21
Veteran Member

ZX-l is the best, IMO :
- fastest shutter speed (except for the MZ-s!)
- full P-TTL support (can even do things our current DSLRs cannot, such as wireless P-TTL)
- AF-C

And, don't forget to swap the focus screen with a split one for MZ-m...