Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Question about the S3 and SV cases

Hi all,

I've never had a pre-Spottie before, but for some weird reason this week I've picked up two! The first is a chrome S3 with the second version of the Auto-Takumar 55/1.8 (with the bass-ackwards aperture dial), and just now I landed a black SV on the 'bay that is going to need Eric to effect its resurrection.

The question I have is this: the S3 came with a really nice original hard fitted case. I assume this case will fit the SV as well, but does anyone know for sure?

The SV has the orange R on the rewind crank, so that means either the Super-Tak 55/1.8 or 1.4 would be period-correct for it, right? Would the 8-element 1.4 be the "right" one for this period?

Thanks in advance!

06-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I'm going to bet I'm the guy that sold you the S3...
06-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
KP - You probably are. Didn't know you were on here too - though I haven't been on the forum much in the last few months. Hey, for $25 it was too good to pass up!

I'm surprised you didn't just sell it here.
06-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
Banned

if the case was designed to fit the S3, then it should fit the SV fine, as they are both built on the same body design and demendions. The 50 1.4 wasnt introduced until the release of the spotmatic, if im not mistaken. The SV was offered with the 55 1.8 Super-Takumar, so that would be 'correct'.

06-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
if the case was designed to fit the S3, then it should fit the SV fine, as they are both built on the same body design and demendions. The 50 1.4 wasnt introduced until the release of the spotmatic, if im not mistaken. The SV was offered with the 55 1.8 Super-Takumar, so that would be 'correct'.
...and an early SV might have the reverse-direction aperture ring on the 55/1.8.

Steve