Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

mz-30?

does anyone have first hand knowledge about this camera and second do you know if all of pentax lenses can be used on it with the expection the DA lens which is made only for digital and do you know what third party lens can be used on this i ask because i was wondering if the tamron 28-75DI_LD and the 70-300LD can be used on this camera?

02-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Those two lenses can probably be used, but the MZ/ZX-30/50/60 have the crippled mount that won't even accept 'A' lenses (no K, M, or M42 either). Essentially for that body you want AF lenses-- F, FA, FA-J, or D-FA. I imagine that if you wanted to shoot with 'A' lenses that you like it would be easy and inexpensive enough to trade up to a more compatible film body such as MZ/ZX-3/5/6/7/10. As for third-party lenses, I would expect that most third party autofocus lenses are at least compatible with Pentax-F if not FA so should work with the body.
02-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Correction - M42 lenses will work with a proper adapter (with no flange, like the one in this picture > http://www.mattdentonphoto.com/images/pentax_k_m42_adapter.jpg )
They don't work when using other kinds of adapters, because the contact pins are shorted.

And they DO accept "A" lenses. Basically any K-mount lens with an "A" position on the aperture ring (or no aperture ring at all - FA J, or third party)