Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
CLA for a Honeywell ES?

OK, who should I use to CLA a chrome ES? Eric? Give me a shout if you read this. Or any other referrals? thanks

Durr Wise

07-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think I have heard any bad feedback on eric. I have never used him ( I Live in Australia ) But hear he is very thorough and reasonably priced.
07-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #3

I had an ME Super CLA'd by eric, came back working great. I gave it to my gf. She is not my gf anymore (unrelated). Wish I still had that ME Super. I now have another ME Super and a spotmatic II i'm intending to send to him when I have enough cash again. I had him expedite it, and overnight it, so with next day shipping and an extra 5 for doing this without me leaving him a way to communicate with me, it came to $85. Again, that was with next day shipping costs and an extra 5.

There was a thread recently where someone was ragging on him, not for doing poor quality work, but because everyone recommends Eric and this person had a burr or something and was tired of seeing us "blindly" sending people his way. I'll edit this post if I can find it. I won't hesitate to send these two cameras to him when I have the funds.

---- edit ----

Couldn't find the thread I was referring to. Summary: I'm satisfied, I've not seen anyone post anything about not being satisfied by Eric's work. He gives you an estimate, if you decline, he ships it back. Search for CLA (seemed, oddly, to give better results than "eric"...) and you'll find lots of threads praising him.

Last edited by pezmaker; 07-11-2012 at 06:31 PM.
07-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I have had Eric CLA and repair 7 cameras and 5 lenses and never had a single problem with him. He does great work and is very affordable compared to most repair shops. I recently sent him a 6x7 that he felt he might not be able to repair so I told him to return it to me, he paid nearly $20 to ship it and charged me nothing.