10-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

N.B. Ringo and Paul Pentax SLRs

Celebrities with vintage cameras, 1950s-1970s - Retronaut

10-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One thing that strikes me is how great all those cameras looks in these time-less pics! The minimalistic rough look really suits the B&W style. Cameras like the K-5, D4 or 650D doesn't even come close by comparison, sad but true. X-pro1, M9 and Pentax Q would probably look great in there too!
10-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
One thing that strikes me is how great all those cameras looks in these time-less pics! The minimalistic rough look really suits the B&W style. Cameras like the K-5, D4 or 650D doesn't even come close by comparison, sad but true. X-pro1, M9 and Pentax Q would probably look great in there too!
Too true. I'm awaiting delivery of an MX
10-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep, the Beatles were apparently fond of Pentax, both for personal use and in the movie "Hard Day's Night". It was a prestige brand, back-in-the-day.

BTW...the link is a hoot! Michael Jackson as a kid shooting with a Zenit!

Steve

10-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Too true. I'm awaiting delivery of an MX
MX looks nice! I got a Spotmatic II that seem to have a working light meter but I haven't replaced the lightseals yet, just removed some. I think the clean cut lines and the reflecting finish really enhances the looks in B&W rather than a curvy bulky looking modern DSLR shape. One camera that makes me wonder how it will hold its looks through time, even though it's criticized now.
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yep, the Beatles were apparently fond of Pentax, both for personal use and in the movie "Hard Day's Night". It was a prestige brand, back-in-the-day.
Yeah, they have shown a number documentaries here lately and I think that they talked about how some of the band members simply loved to ran around taking photos in the hotel rooms when barricaded by the fans and Pentax seems to have been the most commonly used.
10-29-2012, 02:26 AM   #6
Pentaxian

My reaction to most of those photos is: I wish someone had shown them how to hold a camera...!