Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #1

IS any different between pentax LX dial back and data back?

I have read many description about these two items on instruction. However, for me, text doesn't totally make sense. I like pentax LX a lot. Wondering if any user had experience with it.

12-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you ask your question in the Pentax Beginners corner I'm sure you'll get all the help you need, being and Introductory forum not many people read this section to answer questions.
12-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Film SLR forum would be even better.
12-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just moved the thread!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
The dial back uses LED segments to record date information onto the negative. Unfortunately the range of years was quite limited so it isn't that useful now. This is essentially the same as the date feature on many 35mm cameras of the late eighties and nineties. The data back was the older system that had been around as a special order item since the spotmatic days. It blocked out the corner of the negative and superimposed an analog watch face or a special ground glass memo plate that you could write information on. Even though the information is on the edge of the frame both systems really eat into the usable space of a 35mm negative.