Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Inactive Account

problem with pentax me(non super)

Hello everyone, i'm having a problem with my pentax me. it seems like it only fires at the meter indicated shutter speed sometimes, but most other times it fires at something like 100th. I have the switch set to auto, and i'll look through the meter and it will say something like 2 seconds but the shutter will fire at like 100th, same goes for the other way, like if the meter says 1000th, it will only fire at around 100th. but then sometimes it will fire correctly. what could be the issue?

the body is very clean and nice so i really hope it is something fixable.

thanks guys!

12-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could be the battery, have you replaced it lately?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Could be the battery, have you replaced it lately?
yup, battery is brand new as of less than a week ago.
01-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It sounds to me like the selector is sometimes sticking in the flash sync setting...move the selector back and forth and see if it then will magically start working.