Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Eyecup suggestion for film bodies

I am looking for an eyecup for my MX.
I believe the MX share the same size with LX, ME, etc.

pefer to find all rubber ones because I don't want any metal parts scape the paint of my camera
rectangular shape if possible.
Anyone tried a good one?

01-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MegaPower Quote
I am looking for an eyecup for my MX.
I believe the MX share the same size with LX, ME, etc.

pefer to find all rubber ones because I don't want any metal parts scape the paint of my camera
rectangular shape if possible.
Anyone tried a good one?
You want the all rubber Pentax Eyecup-M, it will fit all bodies from the M Series and newer.
The older Eyecup-II or I will be too small,as these fit the K Series and Screwmount bodies that have smaller viewfinders.

Phil..
Attached Images

01-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
You want the all rubber Pentax Eyecup-M, it will fit all bodies from the M Series and newer.
The older Eyecup-II or I will be too small,as these fit the K Series and Screwmount bodies that have smaller viewfinders.

Phil..
yes, but I don't want a round one. lol
I have found a lot of cheap ones on ebay, but I need someone already ordered to give opinions on how it fits.
Someone also suggests a Canon A-series cup in another thread, but I want someone to confirm with this.
01-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MegaPower Quote
yes, but I don't want a round one. lol
I have found a lot of cheap ones on ebay, but I need someone already ordered to give opinions on how it fits.
Someone also suggests a Canon A-series cup in another thread, but I want someone to confirm with this.
Both the original Pentax and all Canon ones which are all-rubber are also round.

And the Canon ones don't fit Pentax all so nicely anyway.

If you want a teardrop shaped one, a) They all come with metal or cheep plastic rigid mounts, and b) Aren't functionally superior to round ones anyway, unless you like occasional extra fogging of your finder.

Nowadays you can get teardrop eyecups from time to time with plastic mounts (And cheap metal springs) ...In neither event should you be worried about your camera getting scraped up by them.

01-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The rubber eyecup similar to (4) in gofour3's post, that came in the ist ds kit, fits on the MX
01-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
The rubber eyecup similar to (4) in gofour3's post, that came in the ist ds kit, fits on the MX
Thanks!!
01-07-2013, 03:16 AM   #7
Forum Member

I am using my ZX-5n's eyecup (and strap) on my MX right now. I think it is Eyecup FG. It fits rather tight and you have to slide it up a bit to open the film door, but otherwise it works great. The only parts that touch the body are rubber, so no worry about it scratching.

01-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FlannelSpoon Quote
I am using my ZX-5n's eyecup (and strap) on my MX right now. I think it is Eyecup FG. It fits rather tight and you have to slide it up a bit to open the film door, but otherwise it works great. The only parts that touch the body are rubber, so no worry about it scratching.
Oh, if that's adequate and they aren't easy to find, I might have an extra around here somewhere. Not sure. (I use an OME-53 on my MZ-5: works great. At least since the finder on those is kind of small and not full-coverage, it's like those belong on there. But I don't remember if I got the stock eyepiece with the little guy. *rummage.* Oh, hrm. Here it is. Not very 'cuppey' really, More of a flat eyepiece for glasses. )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-07-2013 at 04:10 PM.