Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To a point yes.... I have also learned to shoot more than before and explore more angles.
BUT at the same time I think there is an overload of images everywhere, no more exceptionalism anymore
Like Jan Faul said.... Nostalgia ain't what it used to be - Jan Faul

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...and also a huge disadvantage. I have been going through my 35mm slide collection and have been struck with how few frames I dedicated to some fairly interesting subjects. Three rolls of film in the pack, eight more days on the trail, no idea what else might be coming up tomorrow...can't risk wasting a shot.

I can honestly say that my K10D did more for my technical and artistic expertise than the decades of film work that preceded its purchase. On the other hand, my film experience facilitated a quick learning curve with the K10D and software post-processing. In the end, there is a happy synergy between the two tools.

At least I am happy with the mix.

Steve

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
advantage, film, frame