Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I did not do it. I saw the camera at my local camera repair place. One of the techs was bored and polished the silver finish off with a Dremel tool. I suspect that it did not stay nice and shiny for long, but tarnished over time.

Steve
Yup, it would tarnish unless you used some sort of lacquer like the stuff they put on brass musical instruments.

K.

01-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by arcturus Quote
I'm not talking just Pentax but just about any brand where they weren't manufactured in limited quantities.

You look on eBay and I swear 90% of the film SLR camera bodies never sell, or go for next to nothing, and that's only if a lens is thrown in. Guess it's a sign of the times.
I'm not sure if this is true.. been looking for MZ-M and MZ-6 for some time on ebay, if it is good price BIN it will be snatched really quickly and if it is no reserve bid, the bidding is quite active. even for body only...