Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9422 Likes Search this Thread
02-25-2016, 03:38 PM - 6 Likes   #3946

Waiting for K-1

02-25-2016, 03:47 PM   #3947
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My latest find. The camera is, alas, DOA and like to stay that way, with corrosion oozing out of the battery compartment which cannot be opened. It looks nice form the front, though. And the lens, while mechanically sub-optimal (one ring too loose, one too tight), is quite nice (yes it is the older version).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
02-25-2016, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #3948
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
My latest find. The camera is, alas, DOA and like to stay that way, with corrosion oozing out of the battery compartment which cannot be opened. It looks nice form the front, though. And the lens, while mechanically sub-optimal (one ring too loose, one too tight), is quite nice (yes it is the older version).
Maybe brushing on a little vinegar into the battery seam will dissolve the corrosion. Then try penetrating oil and or a hot air blower.
02-28-2016, 04:13 PM - 1 Like   #3949
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DagT Quote
Waiting for K-1
Ja takk :-)

Nice set of lenses.

02-28-2016, 06:57 PM - 1 Like   #3950

QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote

I don't know about the Spotmatic but I had a similar problem with an eBay MX. I just removed the entire bottom (only 3 tiny x-point screws). Then a soaking in some DeoxIt for a few minutes and the cap came right off. Your mileage may vary.
02-29-2016, 02:01 PM   #3951
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DagT Quote
Waiting for K-1
How do you find the A* 135mm? I'm fond of 135 as a focal length, and that lens intrigues me, but the price puts me off!

Thanks, Kris.
03-01-2016, 01:37 AM   #3952

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
How do you find the A* 135mm? I'm fond of 135 as a focal length, and that lens intrigues me, but the price puts me off!

Thanks, Kris.
I was lucky almost 15 years ago on a Norwegian market, and bought it for about $500. An honest seller realised that it was cheap after making the deal because he got beter offers, but on the other hand he knew who I was and preferred a safe sell.

The A*85 I actually bought new in the late 80s. A bit worn on the outside, but the optics is perfect.

DagT

03-03-2016, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #3953
Veteran Member

Mycurrent restoration project, Lipco Flexora by the look of it, but from what I can see it is a Flexora folding hood part on a flexo body (?)
I have had it completely disassembled twice, but it will need to be disassembled almost completely again to get to the shutterblades of the Prontor shutter and see if I can fix the sticky issue and a few other dificulties with it, but that is one of the gorgeous things about these old mechanical beasts and old shutters, they are manageable to repair and clean even for someone like me
03-09-2016, 06:37 AM - 4 Likes   #3954
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi all

A new arrival. A nice, very clean black Asahi Pentax K with the not so often seen black Auto-Takumar 55mm f1.8 made only for the black K. Early serial number as well, 159xxx

Also seen is the new guy toghether with anothe black K. This one with a very nice Auto-Takumar 35mm f.2.3 and the original hood.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
03-09-2016, 06:59 AM - 1 Like   #3955
Pentaxian

Just arrived today ... "for fun" in that I already had a SMC Tak 67 75/4.5 and SMC Tak 67 90/2.8 LS.

It's been around the block ...no MLU here and the seller told me that there's a problem @ 1/1000 ... no exposure apparently.

It was 109€ delivered, so I will play around with this one and if I really get the "67 bug", I will save up for a nice 6x7 with MLU for the 90 LS ...

03-09-2016, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #3956
Pentaxian

Word of advice for your first roll: don't take anything on the 10th frame that you will particularly upset if it doesn't turn out.

One of the things that sometimes goes on these is the frame advance/spacing, so it's not unheard of for them to wind up with the final frame of a roll slightly cut off.
03-10-2016, 12:23 AM   #3957
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
Word of advice for your first roll: don't take anything on the 10th frame that you will particularly upset if it doesn't turn out.

One of the things that sometimes goes on these is the frame advance/spacing, so it's not unheard of for them to wind up with the final frame of a roll slightly cut off.
Merci ! I am running a test roll through it now.

I also discovered something by hazard when checking visually the speeds, mirror movement, etc, without a lens attached. When I set the shutter speed dial between two settings - like a little more than half way between 1/250 and 1/500 (this was an accident while handling/testing) - the mirror will remain raised and the shutter curtail remains open, thus a default MLU ... anyone else experienced this ?

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 03-10-2016 at 12:29 AM.
03-10-2016, 06:04 AM   #3958
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Merci ! I am running a test roll through it now.

I also discovered something by hazard when checking visually the speeds, mirror movement, etc, without a lens attached. When I set the shutter speed dial between two settings - like a little more than half way between 1/250 and 1/500 (this was an accident while handling/testing) - the mirror will remain raised and the shutter curtail remains open, thus a default MLU ... anyone else experienced this ?
never ! I never had the idea of trying something like that

Be carefull because remaining the curtain open really drain the batterie fast on the 67. When i mean fast, it's a couple of hour for a brand new batterie.
03-10-2016, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #3959
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
That's standard. You can technically use it as a makeshift T setting, though I've never tried.

Officially, you also use it in conjunction with the U/S switch on the 90/2.8LS. (Though the manual for that one suggests setting it between X and 1/1000.)
03-10-2016, 07:12 AM   #3960
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
That's standard. You can technically use it as a makeshift T setting, though I've never tried.

Officially, you also use it in conjunction with the U/S switch on the 90/2.8LS. (Though the manual for that one suggests setting it between X and 1/1000.)
Merci beaucoup !

Learn something new everyday ... Salut, J