Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9437 Likes Search this Thread
07-17-2022, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #8446
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
Get a Konica in there!
Which one? I have several Konica rangefinders including the Auto S2 but I need an SLR model. I was thinking maybe an Olympus OM-2 possibly as well?

---------- Post added 07-17-22 at 08:55 PM ----------

I'm looking at an Olympus OM-2 recently CLA'd with 50mm 1.4 lens in excellent condition for 200 smackers.

07-17-2022, 07:03 PM   #8447
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
My latest Film SLR collection. It looks like I've got room for one more Victim

As shown: Displayed on a vintage Pepsi bottle crate that was stained and varnished.

* Minolta X-370
*Canon A-1
*Canon AE-1 Program
*Nikon FM
*Pentax Program Plus
Very sexy display. I am super impressed how shiny-new these bodies look.
07-17-2022, 07:48 PM   #8448
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by akptc Quote
Very sexy display. I am super impressed how shiny-new these bodies look.
I was lucky. I got all of them off of eBay except the Canon AE-1 Program from Facebook marketplace. I can give you a rundown of what I paid for them if you’re interested.
07-18-2022, 07:03 AM   #8449
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Which one? I have several Konica rangefinders including the Auto S2 but I need an SLR model. I was thinking maybe an Olympus OM-2 possibly as well?

I'm looking at an Olympus OM-2 recently CLA'd with 50mm 1.4 lens in excellent condition for 200 smackers.
I like the Konica Autoreflex T line...the T and T4 especially. They can be found with lens and case under $100. Also, the Konica Autorex is very collectable with the ability to switch between 1/2 and full frame on the same roll. These are usually expensive ($250-$500) in functional condition. For a cheap electronic body, the TC with the 40/1.8 is a nice subcompact...limited in manual shutter speed but cheap and almost pocketable.

07-18-2022, 04:31 PM   #8450
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was lucky. I got all of them off of eBay except the Canon AE-1 Program from Facebook marketplace. I can give you a rundown of what I paid for them if you’re interested.
That would pretty cool, thanks!
07-18-2022, 07:43 PM   #8451
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by akptc Quote
That would pretty cool, thanks!

Here you go....

* Minolta X-370 $50 (with 50mm 1.8 and 135mm 2.8 lens)

*Canon A-1 $125 (body only) I added the Canon 50mm F3.5 macro lens for $48

*Canon AE-1 Program $70 (with 50mm 1.8 lens)

*Nikon FM $75 (with 50mm F2.0 lens) Plus $85 for CLA'd and prism replacement

*Pentax Program Plus $45 (with 50mm F2.0 lens)

Read more at: Gear P0rn - post it if you got it. - Page 563 - PentaxForums.com
07-18-2022, 08:27 PM   #8452
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here you go....
Thank you. Back to the look, I am inspired to shine up some of my film bodies.. did you perhaps use wax to make these leatherettes look so good?

07-19-2022, 02:21 AM - 3 Likes   #8453
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why not have both and top it off with a nice contax?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D3  Photo 
07-19-2022, 07:41 AM   #8454
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thatcameraguy Quote
Why not have both and top it off with a nice contax?
Nice!
Is your Konica Auto-Reflex meter functional?
07-19-2022, 08:06 AM   #8455
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Nice!
Is your Konica Auto-Reflex meter functional?
Yes, works just fine, maybe because the camera is in like new condition, as far as i know it has been kept in its everready case in a drawer since new. I'm not interested in konica's but as this is such a nice example i'll probably keep it in the collection. It's a bit weird having this non ttl meter but still a metering needle in the viewfinder. Does anybody know if there were other slr's wich had this to? i can't think of one...
07-19-2022, 08:21 AM   #8456
Pentaxian

Yes, works just fine, maybe because the camera is in like new condition, as far as i know it has been kept in its everready case in a drawer since new. I'm not interested in konica's but as this is such a nice example i'll probably keep it in the collection. It's a bit weird having this non ttl meter but still a metering needle in the viewfinder. Does anybody know if there were other slr's wich had this to? i can't think of one...
Ha ha! That's the noteworthy feature you found with this camera or did I mistake that for another camera . . . Cameraquest Konica Auto-Reflex
07-19-2022, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #8457
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, the first Photomic finder for the Nikon F had an external cell and in-viewfinder needle. Also some of the Miranda finders had external selenium or custom meters but not sure if the needle was in the viewfinder. These are both interchangeable finder examples...I think there are fixed finder examples too... a Petri and Contax bullseye come to mind.
07-19-2022, 09:42 AM   #8458
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Ha ha! That's the noteworthy feature you found with this camera or did I mistake that for another camera . . . Cameraquest Konica Auto-Reflex
Interesting article, to my shame i haven't gave much attention to this auto reflex, there's a lot more to it then i thought at first glance.

---------- Post added 07-19-22 at 09:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
Yes, the first Photomic finder for the Nikon F had an external cell and in-viewfinder needle. Also some of the Miranda finders had external selenium or custom meters but not sure if the needle was in the viewfinder. These are both interchangeable finder examples...I think there are fixed finder examples too... a Petri and Contax bullseye come to mind.
I should have known about the nikon model 1 photomic finder, but as it is a seperate finder i didn't make the connection of external meter-meter needle in the body. I'll have to check on the miranda's got them here within hand reach, but i guess the same goes for them as for nikon's photomic. I haven't got petri's nor a bullseye so i didn't know about them.
07-19-2022, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #8459
Pentaxian

Interesting article, to my shame i haven't gave much attention to this auto reflex, there's a lot more to it then i thought at first glance.
That's gotta make your day realizing you have a unicorn camera . . .

Alas, my meter doesn't work. But unlike all other aperture priority cameras - save one, this is shutter priority capable and thus all shutter speeds are available even if ae is not functional . . .

07-19-2022, 10:28 AM   #8460
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's my only miranda with an external metering cell in a exchangeable prism (like the nikon photomic "cyclops") all other miranda metering prisms have internal cells. Still this one only reads from the outside, no meter needle in the viewfinder.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D3  Photo