Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2022, 08:52 AM - 6 Likes   #8506
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old F1

My collection of Canon F1's keeps growing i'm gonna try to stop here.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D3  Photo 
08-04-2022, 09:24 AM - 3 Likes   #8507
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thatcameraguy Quote

The one at the left rear should make a good street photography rig for taking candids. No worry about making yourself conspicuous while loading a fresh roll of film
08-04-2022, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #8508
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote

The one at the left rear should make a good street photography rig for taking candids. No worry about making yourself conspicuous while loading a fresh roll of film
Can you weigh that and let us know!
08-05-2022, 02:14 AM - 2 Likes   #8509
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Can you weigh that and let us know!
The F1 with motor drive,250 recording back,EE servo finder, "lightweight" 35mm f2 street photgraphing lens and batteries weighs 3878 gram (no film loaded)
F1 with motor drive, EEservo finder 55mm 1:1.2 and batteries :3050 Gram
F1 with EE servo finder, seperate battery pack to power the EEfinder and 17mm f4 :2038 Gram
F1 with flash coupler, plain pentaprism and 50mm 1:1.4 : 1164 Gram
don't know how much this is in "freedom" units but i'm sure some of you can figure it out
might not be a good idea to go out and load one with slide film the other B&W and one more with color film, and maybe take a reserve body along "just in case"

08-05-2022, 02:52 AM - 3 Likes   #8510
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The F1 with motor drive,250 recording back,EE servo finder, "lightweight" 35mm f2 street photgraphing lens and batteries weighs 3878 gram (no film loaded)
F1 with motor drive, EEservo finder 55mm 1:1.2 and batteries :3050 Gram
F1 with EE servo finder, seperate battery pack to power the EEfinder and 17mm f4 :2038 Gram
F1 with flash coupler, plain pentaprism and 50mm 1:1.4 : 1164 Gram
don't know how much this is in "freedom" units but i'm sure some of you can figure it out
might not be a good idea to go out and load one with slide film the other B&W and one more with color film, and maybe take a reserve body along "just in case"
More than half a stone for a camera? wow. That's almost a tenth of a firkin...
You did want that in European freedom units, right?

But a pushcart to carry them might be appropriate for street photography, on the right street...

-Eric
08-06-2022, 08:34 AM - 3 Likes   #8511
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Friends found this Olympus OM10 mounting a Vivitar 35-135 f/3.5 macro zoom, along with a box full of accessories, at a yard sale. I had made a standing request at the time to pick up any old camera gear for less than $30 and I would reimburse them. They got the box for less than $30, which is how I became the proud owner of this setup, which I will never use, but it still makes a nice subject for pictures. Someday I will pass it along to a film photographer. Recently I have narrowed my request to "lenses that say Takumar on them" to cut off the flood of yard sale steals and by the pound Goodwill bargains. I wish I could take them all, but there is just no room left in my tiny apartment.

08-06-2022, 09:29 AM - 3 Likes   #8512
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Neuse River Sailor Quote
Friends found this Olympus OM10 mounting a Vivitar 35-135 f/3.5 macro zoom, along with a box full of accessories, at a yard sale. I had made a standing request at the time to pick up any old camera gear for less than $30 and I would reimburse them. They got the box for less than $30, which is how I became the proud owner of this setup, which I will never use, but it still makes a nice subject for pictures. Someday I will pass it along to a film photographer. Recently I have narrowed my request to "lenses that say Takumar on them" to cut off the flood of yard sale steals and by the pound Goodwill bargains. I wish I could take them all, but there is just no room left in my tiny apartment.
Now you're going to get a stack of sloppy-focusing autofocus 28-80 lenses

I like the OM10 when it has the manual adapter. Inexpensive and fun.

-Eric

08-06-2022, 01:45 PM   #8513
Pentaxian

Don't you just love accessorizing!
I've been on the lookout for a 250 back for sometime now - ideally for my LX, but just haven't seen one I like for a body I have.
08-06-2022, 03:30 PM   #8514
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote

I like the OM10 when it has the manual adapter. Inexpensive and fun.

-Eric
My current OM10 does not have the manual adapter. I want one, but just can't see spending $40-$50 for one on ebay 😕
08-07-2022, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #8515
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't you just love accessorizing!
I've been on the lookout for a 250 back for sometime now - ideally for my LX, but just haven't seen one I like for a body I have.
Oh yes i do! , The problem though is that accesoires when you find them are mostly way overpriced, for example the coiled cord that connects the battery pack to the motordrive on the F1 i've seen it advertised ( there seem to be only one on the whole WWW) for 370€ wich is madness but if you really need it there's no alternative. Lucky mine came with the camera set i've bought. this seems to be a rule of thumb when buying camera's : don't assume you'll find that one missing piece of a camera as it is most likely the part wich is missing on all of those cameras and everybody is looking for.
08-07-2022, 09:31 AM - 4 Likes   #8516
Pentaxian

Oh yes i do! , The problem though is that accesoires when you find them are mostly way overpriced, for example the coiled cord that connects the battery pack to the motordrive on the F1 i've seen it advertised ( there seem to be only one on the whole WWW) for 370€ wich is madness but if you really need it there's no alternative. Lucky mine came with the camera set i've bought. this seems to be a rule of thumb when buying camera's : don't assume you'll find that one missing piece of a camera as it is most likely the part wich is missing on all of those cameras and everybody is looking for.
Most of the time, I let the game come to me but the thrill of the hunt and the race to get to the finish line is also a lot of fun!
I saw a local listing for a box of free misc camera stuff with one poor photo. I spotted what I thought was a Minolta XK viewfinder box so I responded and it became a first come first serve race and I got there first. The box turned out to be what I thought it was but it included a brand new XK AE-S finder as well as two additional boxes of brand new XK WL and High magnification finders!

Funny that his grab shot showed filters, cables and just barely shows a corner of one of the boxes of brand new finders in it!

Last edited by LesDMess; 08-07-2022 at 09:38 AM.
08-07-2022, 01:35 PM - 3 Likes   #8517
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Funny that his grab shot showed filters, cables and just barely shows a corner of one of the boxes of brand new finders in it!
Funnier that the guy you beat was probably thinking, "man, I just lost out on $30 worth of free filters..."

-Eric
08-07-2022, 01:41 PM   #8518
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Funnier that the guy you beat was probably thinking, "man, I just lost out on $30 worth of free filters..."

-Eric

I'm sure I have a box of those somewhere and have never used them yet!
08-07-2022, 04:31 PM - 3 Likes   #8519
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm sure I have a box of those somewhere and have never used them yet!
Did someone say "box of filters I have never used yet".

Trouble is, I need a bigger box.
08-07-2022, 04:36 PM   #8520
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
Did someone say "box of filters I have never used yet".

Trouble is, I need a bigger box.
I have a bigger box but makes you wonder why if one hasn't used it in a bit . . .