Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Lucky 200 Colour film?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Anybody used this stuff? Lucky200onEbay

03-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With any luck it will be a good replacement for Ferrania, perhaps?

Steve
03-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If that's the Chinese stuff, it has a bad reputation for quality control. When it's good it's great, when it's bad, it's unusable.
03-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
If that's the Chinese stuff, it has a bad reputation for quality control. When it's good it's great, when it's bad, it's unusable.
Cheers Lloydy... It is indeed the Chinese stuff but by far the cheepest 35mm film currently available from UK suppliers... Might be worth a punt...

03-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
I used it back in my film days (10 years ago!). They used to sell at the 99 cent stores. It usually had a blue cast to it, but sometimes brown. Color was pretty muted. I used to use it when testing cameras. 10 rolls for 21 pounds seems a little expensive to me unless you just want something to mess with. Even then, expired film may be cheaper and just as consistent
03-31-2013, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Cheers Lloydy... It is indeed the Chinese stuff but by far the cheepest 35mm film currently available from UK suppliers... Might be worth a punt...
In the UK the Poundshop has Agfa Vista Plus, or Ferrania at, you've already guessed, £1 a roll. They sometimes have Kodacolor, it's crap! avoid it. But the Agfa and Ferrania are very good. the other place to go is Boots Chemist, they nearly always have a 3 for the price of 2 deal on film, and it you're lucky they actually might have some decent film there, I get my Ilford XP2 there and it's cheaper 3 for 2 that anywhere on the internet. Also, Boots sell expired film for stupid money, I bought 7 rolls of XP2 that was weeks out of date for £1 a roll. But they sometimes don't display it, always ask.
The other good source is 7dayshop.com, good prices and quick delivery.

I pay £1 for a 36 roll of Agfa, get it processed only at Tescos for 99 Pence, and scan the neg's. That's cheap film photography.
03-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
Ferrania at, you've already guessed, £1 a roll.
They still have Ferrania? If so, they probably have the last surviving horde of the stuff on earth. It is worth buying if you like off-beat color for the artistic stuff. Now, if it is good in the more general sense of the word, it probably is not Ferrania.

Steve

(...loves Ferrania...LINK)

04-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery
Try Agfa Vista from Poundland. Usually lurking in the "entertainment" section, sometimes hidden under a pile of DVD accessories. I picked up 20 36-shot rolls before Xmas; noticed the other day that the stock is 24-shot now. Same price. 200 ISO, beieved to be Fuji C200. I've had some decent results.
04-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
They still have Ferrania? If so, they probably have the last surviving horde of the stuff on earth. It is worth buying if you like off-beat color for the artistic stuff. Now, if it is good in the more general sense of the word, it probably is not Ferrania.

Steve

(...loves Ferrania...LINK)
Thinking about it, I haven't seen the Ferrania in there for a while, probably 12 months at least.

They have also gone down to 24 shot rolls as well, but it's still cheap. And the Agfa is almost certainly a Fuji film, great value.