Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks everyone I am looking forward to this!

QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
Don't disregard that Spotmatic, either (at least that's what I suppose that is).
Yeah, I need to investigate again... I wish it wasn't buried in my garage right now!

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
For $20 don't even ask just get it quick.
I am trying.. The lady doesn't seem to check her emails but every few days...

QuoteOriginally posted by ambaker Quote
B&W, home processing is the ticket here. You can even develop the film in coffee! (Search Caffenol developers if you are interested.)
Now this sounds like a plan! I love coffee but have had to give it up in recent months due to stomach issues... With this at least I could still have some contact!

04-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Me Super is a good buy - just keep in mind that you might need to change the seals and mirror foam.
04-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #18

My other camera is a Leica M4 but when I need to take serious pictures I whip out the ME Super (or MX).
04-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I still use mine, it's a great camera. Simple, but very effective.

04-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Package acquired! The lens is "only" the f/2 variety, and the outer part of the focus ring is loose, but hey, for $20 still a good deal! II do love the big VF but I am just as intimidated by this camera as I am the the M42 body I have in the garage.. I have some learning to do!

04-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #21
Veteran Member

What lens is that? It looks a bit "long" to just be a 50mm...

nothing wrong with f2. Plenty fast enough! *nods*
04-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #22
Veteran Member

The ME Super was my first camera.....worked for months to purchase it new for an overseas trip...it still is a really nice camera to use. If there is one thing I could recommend is to purchase some better quality film or you might be disappointed. My favorite right now is Kodak Ektar 100 partly because it's still reasonably priced and I can buy it from a camera store a block away from work.

04-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
What lens is that?
It's an M50. I was really surprised at how small it is actually... It's just the bad picture that was posted in the craigslist ad..

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
If there is one thing I could recommend is to purchase some better quality film or you might be disappointed. My favorite right now is Kodak Ektar 100
Thanks
04-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Ah yes. The M 50 is fine and yes. it's tiny. perfect for the little Supper.

Don't get caught up in anymore gear, just throw some film in there and have some fun
04-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
Don't get caught up in anymore gear
Yeah fun is definitely essential to this hobby. I got caught up in some gear first, and shooting on film is for me (at least to begin with) about exploring, to see and experience the difference of the formats with this nice lens I just ordered.. (FA31)
04-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #26
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
I know nothing (or very little) about film photography but am considering learning more and have an opportunity to pick up an ME Super for $20 (including an M50mm and a Sunpak 140 flash)... Of course I've seen them like crazy on the used market, but is it considered a decent film body compared to other popular k-mount film bodies, or should I get something else? I am going to be buying an FA31 soon, so this is part of why my interest is growing a bit....

I actually have a Honeywell M42 body my dad gave me quite a while ago now but have not yet tried to use it.. I took a look at it and it intimidated me! lol

Thanks!
Todd
Yes, it's a wonderful little camera, and fast too. I always liked it. One of the good things about it is that it's not automated at all and will work without batteries. The meter uses one, but the camera doesn't need it.