Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Poor shop job or broken camera?

I broke out my ZX-7 the other day and shot a roll of black and white asa 400 pushed to 800. I told them about this at Ritz and they wrote the instruction on the envelope and shipped the roll out to their larger processing shop in Phila. Finally got them back last night and it looks like 90% of them are double or even triple exposed. See the attached example. Do you think My camera's broken or do you think they just processed the film poorly? I haven't taken a look at the negatives yet. I'll go do that now.

Attached Images

03-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hard to say. I'd run another test roll through. Perhaps a 12 exposure roll.

When you load the film, don't skimp on the leader to get that extra shot or whatever. Wind the film until BOTH side of the film are on the take-up sprockets. This will tend to insure that there is no slippage. Assuming there is a rewind button, be sure that there is nothing holding the rewind button down, AND that it is fully extended... that is, that it is not stuck part of the way in.

That's all I can think of... get the film developed and see if the same thing happens. Best wishes.

woof!
03-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks woof! I haven't shot film in years and now that you mention it, I got around 40 shots out of that roll...
03-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the negatives are overlapped like the prints, then you've probably got a camera problem. It may be something simple, such as not getting the film loaded quite right as Woof suggested. Sometimes you can tear out sprocket holes and that might cause the film to advance wrong. But it could just as easily be the lab. I turned in a roll of Kodachrome to be processed at my camera store the other day and the girl at the counter had it run through the E-6 processor because she didn't know any better. Luckily, it wasn't anything important.

03-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yeah, I think it was a loading issue. I just never had that problem before. I'll have to give it another shot.