Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #1

Crank problem

I changed the film of my Pentax Spotmatic SP and it wont crank anymore... I can crank but it only does a the rewind button remain pushed... what's the trick to make it come down?! Is it why I can't crank?! I can do the "cranking" move but it only make a little cricket sound...

Thanks!

04-11-2013, 05:23 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ClydePaquin Quote
I changed the film of my Pentax Spotmatic SP and it wont crank anymore... I can crank but it only does a the rewind button remain pushed... what's the trick to make it come down?! Is it why I can't crank?! I can do the "cranking" move but it only make a little cricket sound...

Thanks!
Rewind the film, but leave a bit of the tongue out of the film cannister. You will feel the rewind lever go slack when the film is off the take up spool.

Open the back, and manually move the winding scrocket. This should cause the rewind button to disengage.

With the back still open, wind on and trip the shutter a couple of times to confirm operation.

Reload the film, close back and get back to shooting.

The problem may be that the film is not propery caught by the sprockets of the take up spool, so it is not being advanced when the film wind lever is advanced. Hence the film is not being dragged across the winding sprocket and the rewind button is not being released.

If this does not help, your camera may need servicing.

Regards

Chris