Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #1

Mv1

Hi there I've just bought an old mv1 and basically I know nothing about it or photography but I'm very keen to learn, are these decent enough cameras?

06-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The mv1 is a budget model, so it's rather limited in terms of features. More details about it can be found in our camera database.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #3

Original Poster
Cool Adam cheers I'll have a look!!
06-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here you go: Pentax MV1 - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

As to photography, well there is a bit of a learning curve And I doubt anyone is capable of teaching it all to you in a forum post, but ask away and I'm sure you will get good answers.

What lens did you get with the camera? I might also suggest you look it over carefully before snapping a bunch of images, a camera of that vintage may require what is called a CLA (Clean, adjust, lubricate) as well as new light seals.

06-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I had a MV 1 given to me with a M 50/1.7 a few months ago ... There's B&W film in it now, but I have only taken a few shots. Now that Spring is here, I guess that I'll finish off this test roll ... it's a pretty simple SLR. What lens does your MV 1 have? J

06-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #6

Original Poster
It's got an m50/2 lens with it, I'll give it a wee mot first or should I say get someone who's in the know to give it a wee mot