Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kodak Carousel slide trays

I’m in the process of moving my 35mm slides to an archival storage system that takes up less space.

I should be done in about a month and I’ll have some "140 slide" & "80 slide" Kodak Carousel slide trays if anyone wants them. I have the older style boxes that are off white as well as the newer black ones.

The trays are all in excellent condition, but the older boxes have pen writing on them and the index cards are the same. The newer black ones have the Kodak labels instead and the index cards were written in pencil, so they are easily erased.

I have a nice sturdy shipping box that will hold about 15 trays that I can use for shipping. If anyone wants this box full let me know and I’ll pack as may trays I that I can in whatever style/size you want. I can also do smaller orders.

Send me a PM if you are interested in the box full and I'll hold them. Once I free up the trays I can pack them and give exact shipping quotes.
You just have to pay the shipping costs and Paypal fees. I can also do local pickup.

Thanks, Phil.

06-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might want to post this in the marketplace Imo

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You might want to post this in the marketplace Imo
Yep for sure when the trays have been emptied and are ready to ship.

This is more of a “heads-up” message for the film folks.

Thanks, Phil.
06-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't have any angst about trays, but am have mixed feelings about getting rid of my projector. It was a gift from when I finished grad school and while I have sincere doubts that I will ever use it again, there in the closet it sits. Sort of like my enlarger.

Steve

06-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I don't have any angst about trays, but am have mixed feelings about getting rid of my projector. It was a gift from when I finished grad school and while I have sincere doubts that I will ever use it again, there in the closet it sits. Sort of like my enlarger.

Steve
I still use my projector and screen a couple times a year and will continue to do so. I’ll also hang on to about 10 Kodak trays for the most recent slides. The new archival boxes are for the older slide that I took in the 1970’s to 2000’s. I’ll just use my light table for viewing them.

Phil.
06-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I still use my Leica projector now and then, since I've been shooting more film, and there's no substitute for slides to improve your shooting technique. The Leica trays are straight and take up less space. Hard to find a good screen now though...
06-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I passed on a Leica projector a few weeks ago ( Pradovit ? ) it was in a junk shop for the price of a few beers. I already have 7 projectors I bought one many years ago, got given 3 more, and then a guy who lived up the road moved house and threw loads of stuff in a skip / dumpster. I salvaged 3 professional Kodak carousel projectors, about 20 carousels, 2 screens, a Jobo enlarger and a pile of darkroom stuff and about 15 photography books. I was a bit disappointed he didn't throw his extensive collection of Leica cameras away though.
I like to see my slides on a screen though, forget pixel peeping and all that crap, just blow them up as big as the room will allow. It's fabulous.

11-26-2013, 02:59 AM   #8

Still available?

Hi, do you have any Kodak 80 Carousels left? If so, please reply by PM.

Thanks!
11-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hotshoe Quote
Hi, do you have any Kodak 80 Carousels left? If so, please reply by PM.

Thanks!
PM sent.

Thanks, Phil.