Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hll Quote
you are right, but before i explained before, i really hate the cheap material of pentax autofocus bodies, actually i need an af, but they look really cheap comparing to A and M models of Pentax.
i wish that there is a body enabling af function with metal body!!!
btw is the program plus better than the super program A??? what is the difference??
thanks a lot!!!!
I understand your comment to a point, but I think, from the point of view of a KX owner, once you try out a PZ-1 or PZ-1p, you will believe any M series camera is a piece of junk in comparison. I can't comment on other AF bodies, as the PZ-1 was all I needed until I got an *istD.

the LX is great, no argument, the old K series tanks are great, but the M series are toys (sorry all you M series owners, but by comparison they are really not in the same league).

The PZ-1 is an all metal frame, with a very hig quality polycarbonate outer shell, and it is rugged.

it could easily be re-labelled K10D if it had a ccd installed!

03-21-2008, 07:49 AM   #17

ME Super

I have just gone back to a ME Super and like it quite a bit...a tank as asked for, but a manual tank only. It does feel good.

My only complaint is having to fool with buttons to use the camera in all-manual mode. My hands are too wide to make this easy. Glad I like aperture-priority.

theron
03-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Theron Quote
I have just gone back to a ME Super and like it quite a bit...a tank as asked for, but a manual tank only. It does feel good.

My only complaint is having to fool with buttons to use the camera in all-manual mode. My hands are too wide to make this easy. Glad I like aperture-priority.

theron
That is why I refer to the M series as toys, they are just too small.

Thje PZ-1 is somewhat of an exception for Pentax, it was a full sized camera, and full featured, as I said earlier, a film version of the *istD and K10D right down to the modes and dual thumbwheels.

The other thing that is important with the PZ-1 aside from a superior shutter 1/8000 max speed and 1/250 sync, is the fact that it has an apature coupling, and TTL spot metering, as well as center weighted and matrix metering.

This makes it one of very few film cameras that can use every lens pentax ever made
03-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #19
hll

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
That is why I refer to the M series as toys, they are just too small.

Thje PZ-1 is somewhat of an exception for Pentax, it was a full sized camera, and full featured, as I said earlier, a film version of the *istD and K10D right down to the modes and dual thumbwheels.

The other thing that is important with the PZ-1 aside from a superior shutter 1/8000 max speed and 1/250 sync, is the fact that it has an apature coupling, and TTL spot metering, as well as center weighted and matrix metering.

This makes it one of very few film cameras that can use every lens pentax ever made

i am impressed!!! maybe i should buy a program plus and a pz-1...
but i really wish that pz1 has a better look!!
i hate the PENTAX writing on the pop-up flash, terrible....

03-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #20
hll

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
wooww, pz-1p looks like a k10d and seems better than pz-1.??
03-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hin
Thanks for your synopsis of those jewels. I will keep those in mind. Currently I am enjoying My K1OOO and loving it.