Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
MX is the best manual focus travel SLR I’ve ever used.

-Eric
I can tell you that the MX will withstand being thrown out of a second-story window and crashing onto the pavement. Yep, had an old GF get really annoyed at me...broke my heart (the camera not the girl). Yes the metal top was dented and the prism cracked but everything still worked.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 12-10-2020 at 03:39 PM. Reason: minor masked profanity removed.
12-10-2020, 07:24 PM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by murrelet Quote
For what it's worth I've had multiple bodies of the KX and MX. I still have and use an MX. The KX is a great camera. But I also have a Nikon FM2N so the KX was kind of redundant.
I prefer the exposure readout info on the KX than the MX and FM2n. But I can see why keeping an FM2n over a KX, or even an MX.
12-10-2020, 07:47 PM   #63
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Huss Quote
I prefer the exposure readout info on the KX than the MX and FM2n. But I can see why keeping an FM2n over a KX, or even an MX.
If I'm using the meter I prefer the needle exposure reading, but if I'm shooting meterless (which I often do) I love the way the MX meter 'disappears'.