Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Which one to keep?

Hi folks,

I have several old SLR's that I don't use since I'm using DSLR K100D all the time right now.
I'm not familiar with this old film SLRs because I got them when I was hunting for old lenses.
So I don't know which one is better than the other.
I'm planning to keep only one of them.
Would you, the experts give me some advices as to which one that I should keep and why?
Maybe you could put them in order of it's value.
Here are the film SLRs that I have currently:

- Pentax ME Super ( I have 2 of them )
- Pentax Super Program
- Pentax SF-10 (this one can use my autofocus lenses)

I'd like to keep one that will have the best value in the future.
If you don't mind, could you please give me ideas of how much is the fair price of them?

Thank you for all your helps.

03-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I had a quick look at your lenes listed on your profile. I think it would really come down to what lenses you wish to use. The SMC-M lenses work great with the ME Super, but they will limit the functions of the Super Program. For that camera, the SMC-A lenses work better. Same goes for the SF-10. It will use all of the lenses except for any DA's.

Personally, I would keep the ME Super to use when the mood strikes for film shooting. It is small, light, full manual controls along with aperture priority. It is also the camera that is least like the K100D. Sometimes I find that a change in camera, brings about a change in shooting style. I find it can help break creative funks.

To find a price for those bodies, I would watch a number of e-bay auctions, check KEH.com, and have a look at craigslist.
03-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I would probably keep the ME Super too. I have got one myself with the winder and quite enjoy using it with its huge viewfinder. I also keep a MZ-5 for my AF lenses when I want to use film and convenience is more important than photography (family outings).

cheers
Kenny
03-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
HermanLee,
I too love the ME Super--mine is one of my most-used film bodies (though nowadays, digital is my default). But from among those film bodies you have, I'd keep the Super Program. I've always wanted one. It has several advantages, such as a more versatile range of auto exposure modes and the very useful depth-of-field preview. Also takes the same winder. They seem harder to find than the ME Super and thus seem to hold value a little better. Just my 2 cents' worth...

03-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you KungPow, Kenny, & Pablo
for your opinions.
I'm still can not decide which one to keep.
For sure I'll sell one of my ME Super since I have 2 of them.

Does anybody know any site that explains the pro and cons of these cameras?

Thanks again.
03-30-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Give one of the ME Supers to Lithos.

Please. C'mon. Give it to Lithos. Just...I'll PM you my address...

Please...
03-31-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Herman, this page has a little info on each of the bodies, along with some great lens info as well.

03-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unless your spusal unit is bugging you, or you live in a 10 m2 apartemtn why not keeping al of them
just take the batteries out
03-31-2008, 11:19 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Clawhammer. How can I forget this website...hehehe..thanks for reminding me of it.
Hi, Titrisol! I'd love to keep them all but I'm trying to raise some fund to buy a flash for my K100D.
And also, it's good if somebody can use it rather than sitting in my closet. Maybe people like Lithos can use it better than me.