Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Works great Les. One for Velvia, one for Portra and one for Tri-X.
Crap, now I need a third one!

Taken with Sony RX100. 645 with Pentax-A 645 55mm f/2.8, LX with Winder, FB-1/FC-1 Combo, Grip A and Pentax FA 35mm f/2, LX with FA-2 and FA 50mm F/1.4.

11-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Now that's just cruel.

Damn, the gray leatherette and woodgrain grip looks pretty slick!
11-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote

Taken with Sony RX100. 645 with Pentax-A 645 55mm f/2.8, LX with Winder, FB-1/FC-1 Combo, Grip A and Pentax FA 35mm f/2, LX with FA-2 and FA 50mm F/1.4.
That is just gorgeous. Now I'm going to have to polish up my 645 and get some shots.
11-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Hello Presidente,
My feeling is, it's better to have it CLA 'd. Here's why;
Going by monochrome's numbers, you could invest $250, then sell it for $350-$400. Plus the two finders, say $500 total.
So, you made $250, even without trying to sell the flash. Maybe put it towards a new DA prime?
What COULD happen is, you get the LX back, all spiffed up and working fine. What the heck, let's run a roll of B+W through it. That way I can honestly say it's fully functional when I sell it, right? What's wrong with that?
But I need a lens, the DA's don't have an aperture ring. Well, I've been wanting a fast fifty, here's an M-mount f/1.4 for less than a hundred. Perfect!
Now you're hooked (again), the fifty is fun, all-manual is a pure joy, looking at contact sheets is bliss (and having a CD scan of the negs isn't bad, either) and you buy more M's, A's and a couple other accessories.
It's all a nefarious scheme cooked up by my so-called friends on Pentax Forum!
Your pal,
Ron
You know what from me reading and being part of this thread it's making me want to shoot film more and more again I think its time to dust off the old k1000 and go out and shoot with it again all I need is some BW film and the CVS has some tri-x 400 so ill be stopping there soon I really love that camera.

11-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lguckert79 Quote
You know what from me reading and being part of this thread it's making me want to shoot film more and more again I think its time to dust off the old k1000 and go out and shoot with it again all I need is some BW film and the CVS has some tri-x 400 so ill be stopping there soon I really love that camera.
You can go to CVS and get your BW, but for more than the immediate need you may want to order it online. My CVS charges an absolutely heinous $10.49 a roll for 24 exposures. YOu can get two 36-exp rolls online for that.

Where are you getting it processed?
11-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I sold my LX. I enjoyed using it but frankly it's more camera than I need.
I prefer my Pentax KX, which can do everything I require of a 35mm SLR.

I have been buying, rehabilitating, using, and then selling cameras for years. With few exceptions cameras are a poor investment.
Overall I have taken a loss on most every item sold. That is my cost to use the gear, and I don't begrudge it. What price pleasure?

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 11-18-2013 at 04:41 PM.
11-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Wow, guys! I guess as soon as I get caught up on all the work I haven't done since I was in Central America for seven weeks, I need to get the LX CLA'd and let you know. I did love the camera. If I can get by without rolling 36 exposures through it after I get it back to see that it works. . . .

11-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I sold my LX. I enjoyed using it but frankly it's more camera than I need.
I prefer my Pentax KX, which can do everything I require of a 35mm SLR.

I have been buying, rehabilitating, using, and then selling cameras for years. With few exceptions cameras are a poor investment.
Overall I have taken a loss on most every item sold. That is my cost to use the gear, and I don't begrudge it. What price pleasure?

Chris
WHAT!!! We are supposed to MAKE money???

OMG, don't you dare say a word to my wife! I've got her convinced that this is a charity!!