Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax 67II Film Body locked up?

I just had a Pentax 67II for a short time, maybe a month. Everything worked great. I just sold it to a guy, and today when he unwrapped it, the Film Advance Lever would not advance, nor would shutter fire. He put new batteries in it; the LED came on fine. The mirror is down.

Anyone experienced this? I did not have it long enough to get much experience with it.

The new owner is in NYC. Can anyone recommend repair places in Manhattan that work on Pentax 67II film body? Is Marty Forscher shop still around? Nippon?

Thank you.

11-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s going to be a tough one as you no longer have the camera. Does the buyer know how to use a P67II and has read the manual? Is there film in the camera that is loaded properly, or is he dry firing? My first guest would be user error as the camera was working fine when you had it.

However some 67II users have experienced the same stuck film advance lever, so it’s a known issue.

A Pentax 67II can still be repaired by Pentax themselves, though you may have to ship it to Japan.

International Service Network (Japan) : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

Phil.
11-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
That’s going to be a tough one as you no longer have the camera. Does the buyer know how to use a P67II and has read the manual? Is there film in the camera that is loaded properly, or is he dry firing? My first guest would be user error as the camera was working fine when you had it.

However some 67II users have experienced the same stuck film advance lever, so it’s a known issue.

A Pentax 67II can still be repaired by Pentax themselves, though you may have to ship it to Japan.

International Service Network (Japan) : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

Phil.
He is dry firing it. Still scheming on a solution. He may just take it to Nippon on Monday. Thanks.
11-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax 6x7 bodies are not designed to be dry fired with no film in them. As I indicated the buyer may have screwed up.

You have to follow a specific procedure with the camera back opened using a special key. The 6x7 and 67 manuals show this procedure, I could not find anything similar in the P67II manual.

Phil.

11-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I found this, about this mystery "key". I'm wondering if the key might unlock the winding mechanism? I know this is grasping for straws.

11-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm pretty sure that the 67II allows for dry firing without a key. The key was made for the 6x7 and 67 bodies.
The 6x7 and 67 bodies have a little reset button but I don't know if the 67II has it.
Have you tried opening the back to reset the frame counter?
11-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The only related item in the P67II manual is on page 26.

- To release the shutter with the back cover opened, cock the shutter while holding down on the multi-exposure lever in the [ ] postion.

Phil.