Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photographyguy74 Quote
Okay, thank you for the advice. Now for another possible idiotic question. What do you mean by thin? I really need to learn this stuff so that I will know what people are talking about and I won't have to ask questions (or at least I won't have to ask so many questions).
A well exposed and developed negative will have a good range of densities - ie from almost clear to almost solid black (depending on the subject of course). A 'thin' negative is one where the range is more restricted and nothing is very 'dense' (i.e. close to solid black) so the resultant print can lack contrast and be rather flat.

K.

12-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
A well exposed and developed negative will have a good range of densities - ie from almost clear to almost solid black (depending on the subject of course). A 'thin' negative is one where the range is more restricted and nothing is very 'dense' (i.e. close to solid black) so the resultant print can lack contrast and be rather flat.

K.
Oh okay. Thank you for explaining that.