Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
02-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote

I've owned every K-series film body. The only one I didn't like, or keep, was the K2, and most people really like this one. However I love the K2 DMD and it's one of my most-used and favorite cameras.
Hi

I have a K2DMD that needs to be fixed, it fell from its shelf when the builders on the next door lot blasted some rock.

But, what differs between the K2 and the K2DMD? I do have a motordrive for my K2DMD, but what else is different?

02-15-2014, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #92
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
I have a K2DMD that needs to be fixed, it fell from its shelf when the builders on the next door lot blasted some rock.

But, what differs between the K2 and the K2DMD? I do have a motordrive for my K2DMD, but what else is different?
Sad to hear that. I need to get my motordrive fixed for my second K2 DMD.

The K2 and K2 DMD share the same manual, but there's another small manual that comes with the K2 DMD. You can find it here: Asahi Pentax K2 DMD Motor Drive instruction manual, user manual, free PFD camera manuals. The first section explains all the differences, but the ones important to me are the aperture window in the VF, Photo Memory (basically AE lock), and the split-prism focusing screen.

Other differences discussed include exposure compensation warning, the built-in eyepiece blind for remote shooting, low battery warning, interchangeable backs, and of course the DMD.
02-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But, what differs between the K2 and the K2DMD?
Also the K2DMD only came in black, the K2 came in black and chrome. Though I saw a photo of a chrome K2DMD on a site in Japan, though it may have been a "Frankencamera".

Phil.
02-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #94

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Here where I live it seems more like Sunny 11 most of the time. Not sure why that is, maybe it comes with living a mile above sea level, but it seems to work with all my cameras, metered or meterless.
Yeah, it's really more of a "sunny 11" rule, f/16 is only for exceptionally bright scenes like a sunny beach or snow in full sun.

02-16-2014, 01:40 PM   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Sad to hear that. I need to get my motordrive fixed for my second K2 DMD.

The K2 and K2 DMD share the same manual, but there's another small manual that comes with the K2 DMD.
Other differences discussed include exposure compensation warning, the built-in eyepiece blind for remote shooting, low battery warning, interchangeable backs, and of course the DMD.
AH I forgott all about that manual, I actually have an original manual in my collection, but I should get a K2 manual as well.

Whats wrong with your motor drive?

---------- Post added 02-16-2014 at 09:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Also the K2DMD only came in black, the K2 came in black and chrome. Though I saw a photo of a chrome K2DMD on a site in Japan, though it may have been a "Frankencamera".

Phil.
I prefer black anyway. But it is also a noticable difference between the two.

Thanks Phil

/Baard-Einar.

---------- Post added 02-16-2014 at 09:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote

Phil.
I prefer black anyway. But it is also a noticable difference between the two.

http://61174813.at.webry.info/200706/article_4.html
Is this the Frankenstein?

Thanks Phil

/Baard-Einar.
02-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep that's the one. Not sure what to make of it, no record that a chrome/sliver was ever produced.

Phil.
02-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #97
Pentaxian

AH I forgott all about that manual, I actually have an original manual in my collection, but I should get a K2 manual as well.

Whats wrong with your motor drive?
Here's the manual to the K2: http://www.lensinc.net/manuals/Pentax_K2L.pdf

I picked up the motor drive a few months back and when I opened it there was a lot of battery acid corrosion on the contacts. I dipped a toothbrush in vinegar and started gently brushing, but it broke the coil spring contact right off. I may have to get creative to find a fix for this.

02-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #98
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here where I live it seems more like Sunny 11 most of the time.
Definitely the case here in the Northwest. The only time of year when we get even remotely close to sunny 16 is noon at mid-summer and then only if the sky is completely clear. In the winter with the low sun angle and all, it is closer to sunny 8!

Steve
02-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #99
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Definitely the case here in the Northwest. The only time of year when we get even remotely close to sunny 16 is noon at mid-summer and then only if the sky is completely clear. In the winter with the low sun angle and all, it is closer to sunny 8!

Steve
Well, it has been "not so sunny" f4 ever since woke up this morning.
02-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #100
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, it has been "not so sunny" f4 ever since woke up this morning.
It has been not-so-sunny f/4 here since along about Thanksgiving.
02-27-2014, 03:20 PM   #101
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It has been not-so-sunny f/4 here since along about Thanksgiving.
I would have moved by this time.

...or at least taken a very long vacation.