Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
Inactive Account

I bought something I don't know how to use. :)

Hi. I'm new here and I'm sort of new to photography. I did quite a bit in high school, then went to the real world and gave it up for a bit. I'm back at university now and I've got the time to play around again.

I've had a Pentax K1000 for several years and I adore it. I figured it was lonely though, so I bought a basket full of lenses and assorted camera junk (and a huge old polaroid) for $25 at a garage sale. Most of the lenses are nothing to write home about, but the one I'm excited about is the Soligor 1:4.5 lens. Unfortunately, when I got home and tried to put the lens and the camera together, they don't fit. I looked around online for something and found this: http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/adapters/screw.jpg, but I don't know if that will solve my problem. I couldn't find a picture of the Soligor lens, but if need be I can take a picture of it with my digital camera and post it if that would help. If anyone has any advice or a solution, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Dougie

04-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hi Dougie, and welcome to the forum.

You're not very specific about the Soligor lens that you have, so a shot of the lens mount would be helpful. However, if the lens mount looks like a big screw, the chances are very good that the lens has what is known as an M42 mount, and the adapter that you linked to is indeed what you need to get.
04-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The info on the lens says Soligor Auto-zoom 1:4.5 f=90mm~230mm. It doesn't exactly look like a screw since it doesn't have any threads. However, it does look considerably less complicated than the ones that fit my k1000.

Here's a pic:
04-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
Inactive Account

That's not a screw mount, but maybe not a Pentax mount either (Nikon?) Are there any letters or numbers around the mount itself, like maybe N (Nikon) C (Canon) or M (Minolta)? Maybe take it to a local camera store and comapre with what they have to identify the mount.

04-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yep, it says MIN. I wondered about that.
04-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Assuming MIN means it's a Minolta mount, when I google Minolta to Pentax adapters, most of the results are telling me Minolta to Pentax mount adapters don't exist. Unless I'm missing or overlooking something, I seem to be out of luck. If anyone knows anything else, I'd appreciate it, otherwise thanks for the quick responses!
04-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
Yep. MIN would indicate a Minolta mount. Folks have had success converting lenses to different mounts, but this isn't always possible or practical because of different registration distances (the distance from the lens mount flange to the focal plane). So, unless you have access to a manual focus Minolta body, you're probably best off putting the lens on Craigslist and try to find it a good home.