Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-09-2014, 08:40 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
SP1000 meter not working - did I get the right battery?

I have an ME Super that I've been using for my SLR film exploits so far, but finally decided that I want to try out my (Honeywell branded) SP1000 as well.. I checked it out (without film so far) and it seems to be in fine condition other than the meter which isn't working.... Did a quick check online and saw that AG9/936A batteries have been known to work. I bought a pack but they haven't made my meter needle move. Is my meter shot or should I try a different battery? Thanks

01-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
Check list: Contacts clean, correct substitute battery will reach both contacts, correct shim install if battery is too small, meter SW push to on position, ASA dial set to reasonable range?
01-09-2014, 10:39 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Make sure polarity is right and that the battery is tuching both the lid and the contact at the bottom.
If not, you maybe able to pry (carefully) the bottom piece, or use a small piece of metal to touch the top.

Other than that, clean the batteyr contacts with an eraser (those at the end of a pencil) and then do a Battery check:
- ASA at 100
- Shutter speed at B
- The moment you flick the switch the needle should drop to the - side (if it goes to the + your battery is backwards)
01-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by titrisol Quote
If not, you maybe able to pry (carefully) the bottom piece
This! Thank you.

01-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do I assume it works now?
01-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by titrisol Quote
Do I assume it works now?
No, now you know it works! I had looked at that contact before but it was so smashed down that I couldn't even tell that it came up... I just needed your bit of encouragement to pry at it a little bit.. Thanks again.