Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #31
Forum Member

Thank you for the reply. I checked that and it is completely stiff... it does not move at all... someone told me I had to change the whole mirror box for it to work again

04-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #32
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
Hey Juan,
No don't chuck out the box yet. Verify if the pivot lever's rubber bushing is all mushy... this is the part that is right after the arrow marked sliding piece and is easy to spot as it is held in place with a slotted screw. It is likely that the bushing is gummed up. A check to see how bad is bad... get some rubber alcohol and wet all the parts... slider, pivot, ratchet almost everything pictured and see if things move a little. This will give you an idea of where things are sticky. This is all temporary as the alcohol will dry up and things will stick again. Also, resist the temptation to hose the parts with lube as that will possibly make things worse.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
broken, camera, film, help, lever, me, pentax, super, wind, wind lever