Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-01-2014, 12:23 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Future LX parts availability?

Is it safe to assume that the "simple" parts needed for a CLA on a Pentax LX body will always be available?
With the huge number of them out there I would imagine even if Pentax dropped support for basic parts, which I would guess they have done already, that someone else would find it economical to start producing the wearing parts and seals.
I'd image if anything complicated broke there isn't a ton of parts left however.

I always consider investing in an LX but with the prices of them in any condition having left orbit without slowing it doesn't seem like the greatest investment when I am told they require a complicated $250ish CLR every 10 years with a number of special parts and seals required. I would still consider it worth that if the parts will still be there in 10 years or 20 years or whenever.

P.S. I tried the search function but this specific question was never directly answered that I could find (maybe nobody knows for sure) and a ton of random LX threads came up.

04-01-2014, 07:35 AM   #2
Pentaxian

The LX is a special camera. I often miss mine after selling it last year.

I think parts will be available for the foreseeable future. According to Eric Hendrickson, he can still get parts from Pentax directly (he ordered them for my LX when I sent it in for CLA in 2012).

I say buy one if you want it. There's no other camera, especially in the Pentax stable, that is quite like it.
04-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No worries. Due to the incredible demand from a half dozen or so Pentax Forums members
Ricoh is considering reintroducing the Pentax LX 35mm film SLR.

Thanks to manufacturing advances projected MSRP will be $149.50, but street prices may dip below $100.

Chris
04-01-2014, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
No worries. Due to the incredible demand from a half dozen or so Pentax Forums members
Ricoh is considering reintroducing the Pentax LX 35mm film SLR.

Thanks to manufacturing advances projected MSRP will be $149.50, but street prices may dip below $100.

Chris
Oy Chris - you jsut ruined my For Sale thread.

04-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At this price, I'll buy a dozen.

---------- Post added 04-02-14 at 08:44 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PPPPPP42 Quote
Is it safe to assume that the "simple" parts needed for a CLA on a Pentax LX body will always be available?
With the huge number of them out there I would imagine even if Pentax dropped support for basic parts, which I would guess they have done already, that someone else would find it economical to start producing the wearing parts and seals.
I'd image if anything complicated broke there isn't a ton of parts left however.

I always consider investing in an LX but with the prices of them in any condition having left orbit without slowing it doesn't seem like the greatest investment when I am told they require a complicated $250ish CLR every 10 years with a number of special parts and seals required. I would still consider it worth that if the parts will still be there in 10 years or 20 years or whenever.

P.S. I tried the search function but this specific question was never directly answered that I could find (maybe nobody knows for sure) and a ton of random LX threads came up.
Just buy one, says I... they are likely not going to get any cheaper, being what they are, arguably one of the finest 35mm shooters ever manufactured.

---------- Post added 04-02-14 at 08:45 AM ----------

In fact, buy 2, would you please? and send me one.