Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Toronto film processing advice

I posted this elsewhere, before realizing that it probably belonged here.

I'm now in Toronto, where I'll be moving later this year. I'd be grateful if anyone could recommend a place or places where I can have film, esp. BW developed. Right now I'm looking for good quality at reasonable prices, rather than exquisite quality at higher prices, though I'd be interested in hearing about that too.

Many thanks for any help or advice

04-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi there. I had the same question a while back:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/107-film-processing-scanning-darkroom/187...e-toronto.html

Welcome to TO. If you aren't already, please feel free to join us in the Toronto Pentaxians group.
04-29-2014, 05:48 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Hi there. I had the same question a while back:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/107-film-processing-scanning-darkroom/187...e-toronto.html

Welcome to TO. If you aren't already, please feel free to join us in the Toronto Pentaxians group.
Thanks Clarkey, will be glad to join the group.
05-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use and recommend Downtown Camera. They are on Queen St. East near Church (quite close to the Henry's.)

The folks there seem more committed to film than any of the other general purpose camera stores. Their in-house lab does a consistently good job for me, and they don't charge too much.

They do black & white, colour (C41 in house, E6 sent out), medium format and 35mm, and getting a good CD with 6-megapixel scans is only $5 at the time of processing.

Photofinishing Services

---------- Post added 05-09-14 at 03:58 PM ----------

I've also been meaning to try out David Nardi's processing services too:

E6it! Colour E6, C41 & Black and White Film Processing, Toronto

Contrary to the name "E6 It!" he processes all kinds of film, including black & white.

05-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by filmamigo Quote
I use and recommend Downtown Camera. They are on Queen St. East near Church (quite close to the Henry's.)

The folks there seem more committed to film than any of the other general purpose camera stores. Their in-house lab does a consistently good job for me, and they don't charge too much.

They do black & white, colour (C41 in house, E6 sent out), medium format and 35mm, and getting a good CD with 6-megapixel scans is only $5 at the time of processing.

Photofinishing Services

---------- Post added 05-09-14 at 03:58 PM ----------

I've also been meaning to try out David Nardi's processing services too:

E6it! Colour E6, C41 & Black and White Film Processing, Toronto

Contrary to the name "E6 It!" he processes all kinds of film, including black & white.
Many thanks, I just had good experience at West Camera further west on Queen.