Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
I just can't resist talkin with you fellas instead.
I know...we are so engaging.

06-05-2014, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
I just can't resist talkin with you fellas instead
Now just you stop your jawing and get out there using that fine piece of Pentax engineering to it's best advantage, enjoy.
06-11-2014, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The user manual is our friend and highly advisable for a camera like the LX. Sorry, could not resist

Steve
Although .... You can pick up the LX and many other cameras of its time and figure out most of the operations without the manual, although there're little tidbits for which you need the manual. Try figuring out a K 5 without a manual!

Mike Butkus at orphancameras.com has downloadable manuals for the LX, the winder, and dozens of other gear. All free, so send him a donation so he can keep up the good work.

BTW, the OP mentioned off camera flash. Unless you can score something like the AF 400 handle flash you'll need an adapter to use the front panel synch sockets. With the hot shoe on the LX finder there are several units which would work for the TTL function. The AF 400 is worth watching for, really powerful and versatile. Watch also for the external battery pack, or really stock up on AAA cells.

You're gonna love the LX. I guarantee it!